Photogrammetry with phantom 3 pro

Reaction score
hello!!

i am a drone pilot from brazil

I bought a phantom 3 Pro for photogrammetry aerial but have not yet found a good app for that
I wonder what app you guys use to photogrammetry ? which indicate : litchi , ultimate flight ; pix4dcaputre ?
They have photo capture mode with second intervals ?

Litchi: I don't use it ... but grids probably easy to configure.
Autopilot... easy to configure grids.

Pix4Dcapture - free app, specifically made for 3D modelling and photogrammetry aerial image acquisition. Super easy to configure and will auto-fly the grid for you. Will also calculate cloud points and generate a lo-res 3d model in the their cloud while you're in the field. Free version of their desktop software will allow basic visualisation and basic sharing. Professional version will do high res imagery with all the bells and whistles; length, volume calculations and more. Different licenses available. Not cheap but for professionals who use it to make a living.

See: Mission planning for orthophoto

I bought my P3A for photogrammetry type applications (I'm a surveyor). So far I've only tried DroneDeploy. It is incredibly easy and the results have been nice, so I haven't tried the others out yet.

I've experimented with several including Drone Deploy, Pix4D, ReCAP, and Photoscan. My favorite, by far, is Agisoft Photoscan. About $3,000. Next is Pix4D at $8,000 or $350/ month. Both of these are installed on your machine. The others are on line services.
Drone deploy basic features cost $99 per month. But for surveying, you need ground control which costs aroung $500 / month from Drone Deploy. You can input ground control into Pix4D and Photoscan.
I'm still looking and researching, though.
I usually use the Drone Deploy app to fly the survey grid pattern. I've used the PIX4D app occasionally, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Lately, the Pix4D app has not worked for me, even with all firmware upgrades.

Hi there, I'm also from BR I've been doing 3D modeling and photogrammetry for some time, PM me if you need any tips and help ;)

Reactions: BigAl07
I don't need professional results, so I use DroneDeploy (free) or Maps Made Easy ($10ish) to get the photos I need, then Microsoft Image Composite Editor (free) to stitch them together.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik