Photoes and videos at the same time?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but these cameras, just like the GoPro, and most small digital cameras, do not have a "shutter" or curtain over the sensor. Sensor is wide open. And like the GoPro, the aperture is fixed. No moving parts in these cameras.
They have shutter but rotary and electronic shutter. That causes "jello effect" - another big topic here. :)

It is very early in the morning and my brain is not awake yet, but I remember reading that in the Litchi app you are able to take a photo while shooting video. It has nothing to do with the shutter since there is no actual shutter on these cameras. If my cell phone can do it, the Phantom camera can do it...it is just a software limitation right now that they need to overcome. Maybe the cache chip they use can't handle 4k video and a RAW 25MB photo at the same time, but it shouldn't have a problem with 4k and JPG...

Really? I thought it's problem of camera module - I guess, the camera unit is independent and intelligent single computer, since the module has SD card slot (not P3 body), and does everything including control camera, shoot still/video, compress JPEG/MPEG4, write to SD card, and P3 FC only sends command to change Tv/Av/start/stop/shoot... So it's not a problem of the app on tablet; app only uses DJI SDK function call (also if a function for shooting still while recording is prepared, why DJI Pilot app don't use that?)... Actually I don't know, DJI programmers may act strange sometimes. :)
Anyway, storing one frame in the video as JPEG, it's perfectly the same as writing one frame on video post processing software... need RAW still... If RAW recording of 4K (as Blackmagic), I'm much happier. :)

P.S. Again, the P3 camera has electronic shutter (as GoPro, mobile phone cameras also have). Not only a moving screen behind imager is shutter. Otherwise video saturates in fine day. Shutter speed for still mustn't (doesn't have to) be different from video shutter speed - if video exposure OK, exposure for still maybe almost OK.

Outstanding? Not really.
The still photo resolution is 4000 x 3000 pixels = 12MP
The resolution from a frame of 1080 video = 1920 x 1080 = 2MP
Then if your video card does not support 1920 x 1080, a screenshot could be less than 2MP.
OK for Facebook but not for quality photos.
Wow that really told me didn't it. You have a lot of friends?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20