Photo/Video questions

Reaction score
So I have a phantom 3 advanced and I need to know about photo quality... It seems like my videos are top quality and sharp but my photos suck ***... Im not sure what I am doing wrong if it is settings or what.. The photo are all grainy. I can edit them and salvage them a little but i dont understand why I can get such sharp videos but crappy photos

SOOC: Dropbox - DJI_0032.jpg
Close up all grainy: Dropbox - Untitled-1.jpg

Grainy photos usually occur in low light conditions with ISO set to AUTO. The camera will automatically raise the ISO to compensate for the low light and will make your pictures grainy. You can set the ISO manually to say 200 or 400, the only downside is your drone will need to be perfectly still so the pictures won't be blurry. Also make sure you take photos without ND filters, a common mistake more people make than you'd think.

Here is the EXIF data from your photo, it shows a shutter speed of 1/6th of a second (this is slow) as well as an ISO of 691 (fairly high) The result is a grainy and blurry photo. Maybe upload some other examples. Also check that your exposure compensation is set to 0, you can change this with the right dial on your RC.
Exposure: Auto exposure, 1/6 sec, f/2.8, ISO 691

Yes but get your ISO setting off Auto and again check that your EV value is 0 (exposure compensation usually ranges from -3 to 0 to +3)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers