Photo settings - making a right mess of them...

Reaction score
I have a relatively new P4, got it last week. Mainly as the wi-fi module in my P2V+ died and....it was a good excuse for upgrading. So my first flight, the video is all over the place, as when it was 'recording', I thought it was off - and vice versa. Next one, took some lovely video in 4K, circling a local landmark. Smooth, great shots, worked out how to video correctly, did a great 'point of interest' circuit and....I can't use it, as my iPad and my Mac won't play (or edit) 4K. Probably a way round it, so kept the footage files for later use. So went down to 1080P and, because I was filming a combine harvester with clouds of billowing dust, set it at 120fps so PARTS of the video could be shown in slo-mo in editing. But the whole lot is in slo-mo, I thought it would play at 'normal' speed and allow me to get decent slo-mo if required. I'm new to these camera settings, the 2V+ didn't have these many options and I can't find any decent info on using the camera settings. None of the footage I've taken really matters, I'm just practicing, but I keep getting it wrong. If I want editable 1080P footage, at 'live' speed, do I have to set at 24fps? If I then decide I need some slo-mo footage, do I have to change the settings (mid flight) to 120fps? I'm not happy messing around with any settings mid-flight but can do so if required. Suggestions? (The pictures I'm taking are fine - examples below).

06236c5d919f146fce6418949b2a7114_thumb.jpg
ed4178b78d8d58f033f872f7963aa0f1_thumb.jpg
252dcbb761a3015e5e60150356267ad8_thumb.jpg
]
58864546fa2d3183cfda2e73fb9e0d0d_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Res vs fps already discussed here but lot of information so you might want grab a drink, relax and take time to read [emoji1]

4k or 1080/120fps, which setting will offer best video ??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thank you - some useful information in there. I've now made a 'video' of the Combine Harvester (using iMovie) but now having all sorts of fun trying to upload it! They do make life difficult for those of us who just want to share what we're doing....

Thanks again

(Rather than uploading the film, here's a link to my Dropbox video....

Dropbox - Combine Harvester.mp4

Though I say so myself, not bad for a first effort....especially if you like dust...)

Last edited:
Reactions: RémyHeli

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers