Photo not taken messages???

Reaction score
I am flying in still photo mode with a photo every 2 seconds and I randomly get an error message, saying photo not taken, or photo failed, something like that ( I can't remember the exact verbage).

Any thoughts on why this happens? Today it was so frequent I just had to abort the mission. It was a tad windy - has that got anything to do with it - like if it isn't stable enough or something?
Thx

What kind of memory card are you using?

If you're able to reproduce this issue, it would be helpful if you would post the exact message you see.

What kind of memory card are you using?

If you're able to reproduce this issue, it would be helpful if you would post the exact message you see.
I am using a LEXAR 64 GB card. I am flying again today, so will make sure to get it exact this time. Has there been issues with the memory card?

Actually to follow up on the card a bit - while downloading the photos I did get yesterday - when I switched to my laptop (Surface 3) to get them on another drive it gave me a card failure message. Then said I had to format the card, which I did since I had already dumped the photos to another drive. But kinda strange to have to format a card after it has been working for a bit.

Is there a known problem with LEXAR by any chance - or any recommendations for a more compatible card?

Has there been issues with the memory card?
Some people buy the cheapest memory cards they can find -- like this 64GB Lexar memory card that only writes at a max of 12MB/s. I could see that causing such an issue if you're writing RAW and JPG photos -- since that's just more data than can be possibly processed at such a low write speed.

Is there a known problem with LEXAR by any chance
I haven't had any trouble with using the Lexar memory cards that came with my Phantoms or the other Lexar memory cards listed here.

My best advice? Use a memory card that can write at least at 40MB/s.

Ok, that might be it. I changed my photo timing from 1 second to 1.5 and got very few failures. The message is "failed to take photo" verbatim by the way. I didn't think of the speed of the card when I bought it, but thanks for the advice - I will get a faster one.

Which Lexar memory card are you using?

Which Lexar memory card are you using?
I threw away the packaging, but on the card all it says is 300x, and in another spot XC1. Not sure what all that means....obviously I wasn't a discerning buyer.

That memory card writes at 20MB/s.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl