Photo help....

Reaction score
Hi to all. I have taken some nice pictures , they look great on my iPhone 5s , but when I transfer them to my computer and try and enlarge them they r very blurry. Why would this be and how do I fix the problem.....? I'm flying a phantom 3 4K .. Any help would be grateful...
Cheers Dave

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Transfer, I use the USB cable and hook onto the port on the gimbal, turn on Phantom and transfer to PC. A lot put the SD card into the pc with a reader or adapter, if you pulling them from the mobile device they will be low res.

Probably camera shake due to a low shutter speed and camera movement, will look ok on a small screen like it does on the back of a DSLR unless you zoom in.

Since the photo's are shot in RAW you should be able to find out what the camera settings were at the time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks Stuart I'm new to this so what would be a great iOS and shutter speed to start with as a working point...? iOS is film speed hey..?? Why so many please explain .. It would be a great help.. Sorry about this but u don't now unless u ask..!! Thank u all for ur help...
Cheers Dave

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Due to the potential movement it's probably best to use a shutter speed above 1/200 of a second, or higher if light conditions allow. The ISO is the sensitivity to light, the higher the ISO the more sensitive to light it is, shooting at high ISO's (like at night) introduces noise which can ruin a image but it can be reduced in post production with something like Lightroom, sometimes it's a trade off because it's better to get the photo than not. In an ideal world you'd always use ISO 100 but if there isn't enough light then this has to be raised to obtain a high enough shutter speed. The Phantom camera has a fixed aperture of f/2.8 so shutter and ISO are the only real control you have over the quality of the image, you can buy ND filters but I think they only fit advanced and professional versions.

If you get a image which is too dark (under exposed) because you've used a high shutter speed and low ISO then detail can be retrieved from the shadows and highlights with Lightroom in post production.

Have the histogram display on to get an idea of the mid tones, highlights and shadows.

I've attached a still from a video I made, you can see the trees on the far left seem blurred, this isn't the case though, it's due to the fixed f/2.8 aperture and the depth of field so if you see this don't mistake it for blur :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: 66Fury

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers