Phones

Reaction score
Does the phone have to have good service in order to connect . I know this sounds stupid but I'm new and don't know

To connect to what?

Nope. In fact it is recommended you operate while your phone is in Airplane Mode.

T

Thanks I just didn't understand if the phone was only used to apply the app and viewing or if there was someway it needed to communicate with the copter. Like I said I'm new at this

Thanks I just didn't understand if the phone was only used to apply the app and viewing or if there was someway it needed to communicate with the copter. Like I said I'm new at this

The communication back and forth goes through the Radio Control and it's why it plugs into your phone.

T

OK I understand. I'm going to purchase a tablet for better viewing and needs to know if I had to get one that can do what my cell phone does. Sound like it doesn't. Don't need another Verizon bill. Saw the list of compatible tablets. Thanx for the info. Peace out

Make sure you check on the DJI sight for a list of devices that work. The only iPads that have GPS are the celullar ones but you don't need a cell account. You don't need a GPS on your device, but it adds some features.

T

Thanks you guys have been awesome! I'm A newbe .never flew anything but a p-3 Orion and I was in the cockpit . the paper work that comes with the the p34k is very vague. Down loaded manuals and no where it mentioned to put my phone in airplane mode! I have gotten most of my info from this forum. Thanks for your patience with the newbees peace out

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl