Phones that work well with DJI GO and the Mavic

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Phones that work well DJI GO and the Mavic

Overview

There are a wide variety of Apple and Android devices available. It's important to make sure you're using a device that is powerful enough in order to prevent the DJI GO app from lagging, freezing, and/or crashing during use. The following list includes devices recommended by Phantom Help (), devices recommended by DJI (), and other devices that are most often recommended by Phantom pilots.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Apple Devices

►► iPhone 5s--(4 inches A7 chip)
iPhone 6--(4.7 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6 Plus--(5.5 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6s--(4.7 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 6s Plus--(5.5 inches A9 chip)
iPhone SE--(4 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 7--(4.7 inches A10 chip)
iPhone 7 Plus--(5.5 inches A10 chip)

Notes:
  • The remote controller mount can only hold devices that are up to 6.29 inches tall and 0.25-0.33 inches thick (including the case).

• Your Apple device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.

• If you're planning on using a tripod, stand, or 3rd party mount, any of these tablets can also be used with DJI GO.

Android Devices

►► Google Nexus 5--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► HTC One--(4.7 inches1.7 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7--(6.8 inches1.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei P8 Max--(6.8 inches2.2 GHz3 GB RAM)
Huawei P9 Max--(5.2 inches2.5 GHz4 GB RAM)
Nubia Z7 Mini--(5 inches2.0 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy A5--(5.2 inches1.6 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3--(5.7 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4--(5.7 inches2.7 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Note 5--(5.7 inches2.1 GHz4 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 7--(5.7 inches2.15 GHz4 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S4--(5 inches1.9 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S5--(5.1 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S6--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S7--(5.1 inches3 GHz4 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
Smartisan T1--(4.95 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Sony Xperia Z2--(5.2 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Sony Xperia Z3--(5.2 inches2.5 GHz3 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi 3--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi 4--(5.5 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)

Notes:

• The remote controller mount can only hold devices that are up to 6.29 inches tall and 0.25-0.33 inches thick (including the case).
  • Your Android device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.
  • If you're not able to install DJI GO from the Google Play store, you'll need to sideload the DJI GO APK.
  • If you're planning on using a tripod, stand, or 3rd party mount, any of these tablets can also be used with DJI GO.

Last edited:
If anyone knows of any other phones that work well, please comment below so I can add them. Thanks!

I'm hoping to be telling you soon that the Moto turbo 2 works.....

I have a regular size iPhone and an iPad and want as big a display as possible for my new Mavic.

I am thinking of buying an Android tablet dedicated to the Mavic. Wondering if there are any reasonable cheap ones out there that should work? Any suggestions?

I imagine there will be tablets that work, but how will they be attached is what I wonder since the holder is made for a phone.

Can't imagine why the S7 Edge isn't on that list, when the S6 Edge is?

Can't imagine why the S7 Edge isn't on that list, when the S6 Edge is?
Aparently the S7 Edge keeps rebooting when users load the DJI Go app ... and DJI have requested that samsung provide a fix for this ASAP .. was a post by DJI Ken on the DJI forums

I imagine there will be tablets that work, but how will they be attached is what I wonder since the holder is made for a phone.

Yep, I was just hoping for something bigger than my iPhone. I'm going to take a look at the Fire line and see if any of those would fit.

Yep, I was just hoping for something bigger than my iPhone. I'm going to take a look at the Fire line and see if any of those would fit.
I understand, I don't even know if my android phone will work with it ...

You don't have to worry about the phone fitting if you don't care about holding the controller and phone at same time. You can control everything just by the screen and connect the cable. The main use for the controller is the antennae which allows you to travel much higher and further away.

So if you are sitting on a bench or table or back of your car, you could just plug your tablet in the port and go.

You don't have to worry about the phone fitting if you don't care about holding the controller and phone at same time. You can control everything just by the screen and connect the cable. The main use for the controller is the antennae which allows you to travel much higher and further away.

So if you are sitting on a bench or table or back of your car, you could just plug your tablet in the port and go.

I currently have a P3A, I like having the control of the joysticks, plus my iPad screen to monitor and view what is going on. I really do want both and I feel like the biggest drawback of the Mavic is that in making the controller small and portable, it is also limited and will not support a very commonly used device, the iPad. I have used my iPhone, but with the 4.7" screen, I just don't like it near as much as using the iPad.

Phones that work well DJI GO and the Mavic

Overview

There are a wide variety of Apple and Android devices available. It's important to make sure you're using a device that is powerful enough in order to prevent the DJI GO app from lagging, freezing, and/or crashing during use. The following list includes devices recommended by Phantom Help (), devices recommended by DJI (), and other devices that are most often recommended by Phantom pilots.

Apple Devices

►► iPhone 5s--(4 inches A7 chip)
iPhone 6--(4.7 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6 Plus--(5.5 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6s--(4.7 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 6s Plus--(5.5 inches A9 chip)
iPhone SE--(4 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 7--(4.7 inches A10 chip)
iPhone 7 Plus--(5.5 inches A10 chip)

Notes:

• Your Apple device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.

• If you're planning on using a tripop, stand, or 3rd party mount, any of these tablets can also be used with DJI GO.

Android Devices

►► Google Nexus 5--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► HTC One--(4.7 inches1.7 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7--(6.8 inches1.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei P8 Max--(6.8 inches2.2 GHz3 GB RAM)
Huawei P9 Max--(5.2 inches2.5 GHz4 GB RAM)
Nubia Z7 Mini--(5 inches2.0 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy A5--(5.2 inches1.6 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3--(5.7 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4--(5.7 inches2.7 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Note 5--(5.7 inches2.1 GHz4 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 7--(5.7 inches2.15 GHz4 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S4--(5 inches1.9 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S5--(5.1 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S6--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S7--(5.1 inches3 GHz4 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
Smartisan T1--(4.95 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Sony Xperia Z2--(5.2 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Sony Xperia Z3--(5.2 inches2.5 GHz3 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi 3--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi 4--(5.5 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)

Notes:

• Your Android device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.
  • If you're not able to install DJI GO from the Google Play store, you'll need to sideload the DJI GO APK.
  • If you're planning on using a tripop, stand, or 3rd party mount, any of these tablets can also be used with DJI GO.
Any reason why the Sony Xperia M5 is not listed

You can add my phone to the list. It's a ulefone power. No issues at all with my P3A and it's 1080p with a 5.5" screen. About £115 with the back of the phone that looks and feels it's made of wood. But really copes well with the drone

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

You list the S6 and the S7?

My S6 kept overheating here in Asia, though in fairness it worked OK before. In Iceland.

My S7 reboots while flying.

Isn't DJI working on fixing that issue with the S7?
No, they're ignoring it and saying it's Samsung's problem. In fact I've been warned on their forum for being 'too negative' because I keep asking about it.

The rep on the forum claims they have "urged Samsung" to fix it, while DJI are disclaiming any responsibility at all for their app crashing the phone.

I've been warned on their forum for being 'too negative' because I keep asking about it
You gotta tread carefully over there :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub