Phone update, won't connect to Camera.

Reaction score
I am currently flying my P3P with my Note 5. Recently it force updated to Android 7.0. Since then I can no longer connect to the camera on the drone. When I plug the cord in it says it's connected but won't go directly into DJI Go. I have restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI app. Still nothing. So now I have a $800 drone that I can't fly. Any help would be great!

You can still fly without the phone or app.
After you plug the phone into your controller, make sure that the phone's USB port isn't set to charge. Use the pull down top menu and tap the USB symbol. That will take you to the USB settings. Choose file transfer or midi.
Android 7 will default to charge every time you plug it in. So you will probably have to do this every time you fly.

You can still fly without the phone or app.
After you plug the phone into your controller, make sure that the phone's USB port isn't set to charge. Use the pull down top menu and tap the USB symbol. That will take you to the USB settings. Choose file transfer or midi.
Android 7 will default to charge every time you plug it in. So you will probably have to do this every time you fly.
I understand what you are saying but when I drop the menu down it isn't the same as before where I can choose what to do through the USB. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? Also I know I can fly without a phone or mobile device but defeats the purpose of recording! If you can help me find this I think you would be correct. I just can't seem to find that menu.

After enabling developer options, go to developer options and under networking go to SELECT USB CONFIGURATION. Choose MTB

Reactions: jbaes1
I understand what you are saying but when I drop the menu down it isn't the same as before where I can choose what to do through the USB. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? Also I know I can fly without a phone or mobile device but defeats the purpose of recording! If you can help me find this I think you would be correct. I just can't seem to find that menu.
There is a record button on the remote also. Just FYI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan