phone screen too dark

Reaction score
Anybody else having trouble getting a good shutter speed because the phone screen is too dark? my friend always overexposes his videos because he says his screen isn't bright enough. His is a iphone 6+. mine is a Galaxy S7 and with the AMOLED screen making shadows or low light really dark i can't see very good in the evening or in and out of clouds on a partly cloudy day. I tried all the display screen settings on my phone but they're all not good enough. i overexposed some videos at sunset the other day between shadows and shadows from clouds being dark. is there any 3rd party software that can lighten up the screen to compensate for this problem? btw the drone is a P3 Pro. thanks.

Anybody else having trouble getting a good shutter speed because the phone screen is too dark? my friend always overexposes his videos because he says his screen isn't bright enough. His is a iphone 6+. mine is a Galaxy S7 and with the AMOLED screen making shadows or low light really dark i can't see very good in the evening or in and out of clouds on a partly cloudy day. I tried all the display screen settings on my phone but they're all not good enough. i overexposed some videos at sunset the other day between shadows and shadows from clouds being dark. is there any 3rd party software that can lighten up the screen to compensate for this problem? btw the drone is a P3 Pro. thanks.
If your exposure is right, the screen brightness should have no effect on exposure and vice versa.
Make sure that your camera isn't set to underexpose which would make the screen dark.
Look for the blue number in the camera data on screen.
If it's showing something like EV -2.0 or EV-3.0, use the right thumbwheel to move it back towards EV0.
That should fix things if the problem is underexposure but if it's simply a screen brightness issue that's something else.

If your screen is set on maximum brightness, I don't think you're going to find any way of making it lighter. You can always keep a check on your exposure by enabling either/both the histogram and the over exposure warning in the GO app camera settings.

If your exposure is right, the screen brightness should have no effect on exposure and vice versa.
Make sure that your camera isn't set to underexpose which would make the screen dark.
Look for the blue number in the camera data on screen.
If it's showing something like EV -2.0 or EV-3.0, use the right thumbwheel to move it back towards EV0.
That should fix things if the problem is underexposure but if it's simply a screen brightness issue that's something else.
Thanks but i always do that. but the phone screen is misleading and even if the exposure is right it's really hard to see the dark areas of the video feed even with the phone screen is turned all the way up. when i do need to adjust the exposure then it's a pain in the but trying to get it right since the phone screen always looks too dark.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik