Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

phone number to register phantom 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Squiddley, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Squiddley

been trying to register my phantom 3 from Canada cant seem to find a phone number that works...every number i try says not in service or dissconnected, tried 1-866-835-5322 but doesnt work went to the web site tried the register now button says blocked from my country dont know what else to do anyone have any ideas or a phone number to call?
    Thanks
    and Merry Christmas to everyone
    Sid

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Why not do it online with the link Meta provided? That should be the easiest.

4. Squiddley

Did try online with the link provided when I click on the link it tells me The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country, and wont let me

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Well that doesn't surprise me... they tell you to register and then they block your access. :rolleyes:
    I suppose when you come into the states you register then. There must be a provision for that.

6. WetDog

Wait. You're in Canada and trying to register a drone operator (not the drone, remember, we're registering 'us' here) with the US Federal Aviation Administration?

The FAA has probably blocked all outside of US addresses just to make it less insane on them. If I were their system admin I'd do the same. If you really need to register with the FAA, you can use the paper 'N' system (I think) or, more simply, get a proxy that fools the server to thinking you are somewhere in the US.

7. wxgeorgia

Am I missing something? Why would a Canadian drone owner need to register with the FAA?

8. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I assume he spends time in the USA and brings his UAV's with him. I know several Canadian's that have seasonal's in the same park as myself and they spend the majority of the summer in the Finger Lakes Region of New York.

9. wxgeorgia

Ah yeah, that makes sense. In that case, I'd second using a proxy, or just waiting until you're in the US. (Just finished up a couple hours ago, the entire process took about 30 seconds).