Phone mount alternatives for the P3S

Reaction score
I am having a blast with my new P3S, but the floppy weak phone mount is a total bummer. Went out to fly yesterday and noticed one of the screws was missing. Drove all over town looking for a replacement, but couldn't find one. Ordered a screw kit from DJI but it won't be here until late in the week.

I have seen a bunch of phone mount mods that require drilling a hole in the controller. That just does not appeal to me, but it looks like it's my best bet.

I also found a post here about using something called "loctite". If I can find some I'll try that as well.

Have any of you successfully replaced or improved the P3S phone mount? I'd love to focus on flying and not keeping two fingers on a flimsy mount so it doesn't flop over.

Loctite can be found at any autoparts store. I wrapped some electrical tape around the metal bar, then place the phone bracket over it and tightened it down. It stopped it from sliding. Next I'm going to drill a hole all the way through the plastic bracket and put a small bolt and buttery fly nut (assuming they make them that small) on it. Should solve any problems.

Reactions: Rjak
You can buy mounts that attach to the strap lug without any drilling, like the one on my P3s.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MyArmor-Co...qid=1483346676&sr=8-1&keywords=Remote+control

IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0503.JPG

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
yeah , I think they all are designed for a lanyard , haven't ordered it yet , on my wishlist , I like the longer flat part that sits against the face of the RC , plan on putting some double sided tape there for extra hold , I don't like the versions where you have to drill a hole !

Reactions: Rjak
I am using an 8" tablet on my P3S controller.It sits between the antenna and the handle with 4 points of contact. 1 at the controller body, two at the handle base, and one more on the phone mount, all using industrial strength velcro with adhesive backing. It holds very well and is also easy to remove the tablet for transit. I will try to post a picture if anyone is interested.

Tobby

The tablet lays parallel to the controller so that is not an issue so far.

Tobby

currently using an old camera strap with big clips and a keyring until I buy my tablet , tablet holder , lanyard and about a dozen other accessories that I want !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie