phone/ipad wifi or cellular?

Reaction score
when using a phone and/or iPad to run the app on while flying, is it using wifi or cellular?

beginner here, trying to learn what I need to before Christmas, thanks.

Steve

when using a phone and/or iPad to run the app on while flying, is it using wifi or cellular?
beginner here, trying to learn what I need to before Christmas, thanks.
You don't need any internet or mobile phone signal to fly the Phantom.
You didn't specify which model so ....
The P3 Standard uses its own wifi to connect to the app.
All the Lightbridge Phantoms use Lightbridge and a cable from the controller.

sorry for being ignorant, I have a P4 on the way, to be opened at Christmas. Wondering if I should/want to buy a new iPad mini or something and what the costs will be or stay with my work iPhone 6 as the means to connect/view while flying. You are suggesting the iPad/iphone isn't necessary, that the light bridge connects, just having the display from the phone/ipad is better/easier/more fun?

Some type of mobile device is definitely preferable. If you fly with just your remote controller, you will not be able to see the valuable flight information provided by DJI GO.

As for those devices, either will work. Try your iPhone 6 and see how you like it. If the screen seems too small, then try a larger device like an iPad Mini 4 or an iPad Air 2. You can find a bunch of other devices that'll work here.

Reactions: FASTFJR
I use a refurbished iPad Mini 3 for my Phantom 3 Pro. It works great. Its non cellular, when I need to I just link it over WIFI to my iPhone 6 when I need to. Its takes about 5 seconds to do that. I could use my iPhone 6 but I like the larger screen size of the mini

I use a cellular iPad Mini 2 without the cell subscription. That way it uses it's internal GPS to show me my location. But you don't need a cellular iPad or a wifi connection to operate.

SB

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31