Phone calls in flight

Reaction score
Will l my Phantom 4 lose connection and return to home if I receive a phone call during flight? My son says always put the smart phone in Airplane mode. I am using Litchi on an Android Samsung 5. DJI Go had to be removed to connect.

Will l my Phantom 4 lose connection and return to home if I receive a phone call during flight? My son says always put the smart phone in Airplane mode. I am using Litchi on an Android Samsung 5. DJI Go had to be removed to connect.
I cant answer if it will return home or not but your son is right,you should be in airplane mode to prevent something like that from happening

Will l my Phantom 4 lose connection and return to home if I receive a phone call during flight?
No. It will only return home if it loses connection with the remote controller.

If you get a phone call it's fine. HOWEVER if you answer a call you will lose connection. It hasn't happened to me but I have seen and heard about it. It may RTH, crash, or just descend slowly but if I were you, I wouldn't want to find out.

HOWEVER if you answer a call you will lose connection.
How exactly would answering a phone call make the remote controller disconnect from the Phantom?

Reactions: Sky Architect
How exactly would answering a phone call make the remote controller disconnect from the Phantom?

I should put that this is not my experience, but what I have learned as a "do not" list. I am still awaiting my p4 to arrive, no flight time under my belt but I have spent a lot of time educating myself from others mistakes, official websites, tutorials, and more. Ithe is my belief that if you answer a phone call it will put the app in standby mode, not sending any signal out from the app. I don't think it will lose signal from the transmitter but like I said, it has been put on my do not try list from my research of others doing this and experiencing faulty operation.

Got it. Thank you for explaining.

As long as the remote controller is connected, the Phantom will not return home due to a lost connection. Give it a try when your P4 arrives ;)

Got it. Thank you for explaining.

As long as the remote controller is connected, the Phantom will not return home due to a lost connection. Give it a try when your P4 arrives ;)

What does it do? Hover in place? I will be using my phone for this as well so it's pertinent information.

Your Phantom is controlled by the remote controller. If DJI GO is sent to the background, shut down, or crashes, your Phantom should still be following your commands.

What does it do? Hover in place? I will be using my phone for this as well so it's pertinent information.

The Phantom will do whatever you tell it to do with the sticks whether the phone is connected or not.. If you let go of the sticks to answer the phone while in flight, then it will hover in place. (Which is what is supposed to happen when you let go of the sticks).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik