philippines travel warning

I'm traveling to the Philippines this Friday, followed by a few days in Japan. I'm looking to fly the P4 in Coron and Leyte. It sounds like many here have had problem-free experiences carrying their birds into the country. I hope to have the same experience.

I just flew to Cebu beginning of June for a 2 week vacation. Had my drone in a DJI hardcase as hand carry. Airport staff asked me where I was going I said to Moalboal for diving. They looked and the drone and said nice hope you get some nice pictures lol. Took a nice sunset video and pictures looking across to Negros Island from Cebu island.

DJI_0006.JPG

Reactions: Tarkington Studios
Hi,

I didn't read the whole thread, but here's my personnal experience.

I flew to the Philippines in January 2017 with a P4, travelling with Emirates.
Concerning drones transportation, the aerial company specifies that drones cannot be carried as a hand luggage, and that batteries (drone relative or not) cannot be put in a checked luggage. Kinda annoying.

Anyway, I managed to transport it from France up to my final destination (Lille-Paris(Train)-Dubai(Air)-Manilla(Air)-Naga(Taxi+Bus)).
I had to carry the batteries in my hand luggages, in fire retardant bags, and the drone was carefully packed in my checked luggage (among towels, socks and all :p).
Wasn't very confident, but I had no really other choice since I was already travelling with a quite big amount of things to transport (off for a wakeboarding trip).

I read that I could easily dismantle the legs of the P4, but I have not done so, since I found the legs to bring additional protection to the gimbal.

In the beginning, I wanted to buy a Mavic, which is, say, way easier to transport in such journeys, but y'all know the supply problems this little bird had at launching.

I guess that if I'm on for another trip like this, I'll switch to a Mavic (v2 ?) which will be more convenient for my usage.

During my stay, I had no problem flying the drone. But I was always filming in kind of isolated/private areas.

Cheers, hope it helps ;)
Oscar

Hi noob here. So who and where do I get this letter from? I'm traveling to Philippines next and I will be hand carrying my p3 in a dji hard case. Will be going to coron, cebu and boracay. Hope they don't give me any problem.

Thanks

Hi noob here. So who and where do I get this letter from? I'm traveling to Philippines next and I will be hand carrying my p3 in a dji hard case. Will be going to coron, cebu and boracay. Hope they don't give me any problem.

Thanks

I flew with mine and took it in my hard case as carry one. No issues as the case and bird plus accessories is around 4.5 kg. Also had my Go Pro and dive computer in the hard case and 3 batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20