philippines travel warning

I always bring this pic... to show that this Drone had been in Philippines before and I am returning it back... 20150809_173343.jpg

If it helps anybody I was able to bring my P3P into the Philippines last week with no problems whatsoever. Nobody even asked what was in my bags. It was in a Go Professional Limited Edition backpack if that helps anybody. It also made it through multiple smaller municipal airports with no issues whatsoever.

I'm currently still in the country headed to Japan in a few days and will update if I have any problems bringing it out but I highly doubt that.

Reactions: Theo54au
I Will post a final edit when I get back to the US all I have right now are quick edits on Instagram. If you want to check those out my Instagram is @teknhine

If it helps anybody I was able to bring my P3P into the Philippines last week with no problems whatsoever. Nobody even asked what was in my bags. It was in a Go Professional Limited Edition backpack if that helps anybody. It also made it through multiple smaller municipal airports with no issues whatsoever.

I'm currently still in the country headed to Japan in a few days and will update if I have any problems bringing it out but I highly doubt that.

Really? May i know where you land? at NAIA? or Clark? thanks! Man!

What about bringing a drone from Philippines to Canada?

I brought my P3P in Oct'15 In a DJI hard shell backpack as a carry-on luggage from JFK-YVR-MNL and back without hussle.

Last edited:
Going to the Philippines in February. Does anyone know if anything new has come up where I shouldn't bring my quad?

So sad :(. I'm filipino and was planning to bring my p3 there for a month with my family... Looks like I'll leave mine home.

From what I was able to find out on the internet, there should be no problem bringing in you Phantom while visiting the Philippines. The CAAP has made it clear that the rules are for those operating drones in excess of 100kg. And, it is intended for those using uav's for commercial purposes. Using it for sports and hobby does not apply. CAAP-MC_35-14-1. AC 11-001 also says in the heading

upload_2016-1-15_8-14-40.png

So when we travel to the Philippines in May, I will bring the hard copies of these documents to insure that I don't have problems. After living there for 7 years, I know that there are many who are "opportunistic" and will look for any way to line their pockets.

Hope it works out for you. I still wouldn't take the chance.
Are you coming in through Manila or Cebu?

We are coming in through Manila and then to Bohol. We are stopping over in Dubai first for 3 days before we go to the Philippines. I will just have to keep my finger on the pulse of this issue as I am sure rules and policies will change between now and May.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik