philippines travel warning

Under 11.11.1.1 (applicability) it says "other than sport and recreation". So the question is how do they define "sport" and "recreation"? In the absence of THEIR definition, we are assuming. They could argue filming is not part of their definition. Ugh!!

I'm real interested to see how this turns out if you take your drone there. There's a lot of corruption and inconsistency in the way laws are applied in the Philippines. This can be a good and a bad thing.

JoshWMS had an interesting experience in Jamaica. His pre-arrival research went out the window when one of the Customs officials stated, "not everything is in black & white."
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...aica-and-san-juan-puerto-rico-airports.38494/

I'm real interested to see how this turns out if you take your drone there. There's a lot of corruption and inconsistency in the way laws are applied in the Philippines. This can be a good and a bad thing.

JoshWMS had an interesting experience in Jamaica. His pre-arrival research went out the window when one of the Customs officials stated, "not everything is in black & white."
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...aica-and-san-juan-puerto-rico-airports.38494/

You will find out by July 28..I will be bringing my inspire there.. Technically, if it's not written, it does not apply..Exporting however should not have a problem so coming back to the USA will be fine..I will be putting the remote oa a separate luggage also..Your best bet is take a flight via Singapore then to Davao Airport..Davao is much much cleaner and not a corrupt city under Mayor Duterte..

I've been in Tokyo for a few days and just made a last minute decision to visit Manila and on to beautiful Anilao for some scuba diving. I wish I could bring my Phantom, but it just doesn't seem worth the risk or $500, so I'm leaving her here and will grab her on the way home to San Francisco. Bummer.

Philippine Customs

I just cleared customs at NAIA Manila International. I flew Japan Airlines (JAL) from Tokyo, where I left my Phantom. JAL lands at Terminal 1 and our flight was the only flight at the time.

I checked in my old Marine Corps ruck which easily could have held my drone gear and my clothing; I also carried a small backpack. There were a few people ahead of me going through Customs and I went through the “Nothing to Declare” line. The people ahead of me got searched. I breezed right through without them asking me anything or opening my ruck. I could have brought my drone.

To summarize:
  • I left my drone in Tokyo. Not sure if they would have been more curious if I had another backpack.
  • Only one flight (mine) was going through Customs at the time.
  • Not all bags are being checked, but some were being searched.
  • No bags were being x-rayed at Terminal 1. I don't think they x-ray machines at Terminal 1, but don't know about the other two international terminals.
If I had brought my drone, I would have tried to get in a line where they were already opening up someone else's luggage, thinking they wouldn't do two in a row. Hope this helps.

Reactions: witold
Thanks to a friend here, my importation clearance from CAAP for my inspire1 will arrive next couple of days via express mail...so I will not any worries bring mine there in the next couple of weeks..

Reactions: diver_matt
Any update on this? I am vacationing to the Philippines this winter and I would like to bring my P3P in my Drone Crates backpack as my carry on luggage.

Any update on this? I am vacationing to the Philippines this winter and I would like to bring my P3P in my Drone Crates backpack as my carry on luggage.

I went in april and again in july with my drone, they even saw it and it was fine , the only problem i faced is the size of the wheel bag, but i told them its an expensive item and i would like to keep it with me ... No worries u can get the drone easily ...

Reactions: Mr. Monday
I went in april and again in july with my drone, they even saw it and it was fine , the only problem i faced is the size of the wheel bag, but i told them its an expensive item and i would like to keep it with me ... No worries u can get the drone easily ...
This is good news! The wheeled case fit as a carry on luggage item?

Photography is a hobby, a UAV wither with or without camera is the same. There is no such thing do differentiate according to CAAP circular...Just print a copy of the circular with you and highlight the part where you find "Applicability"
Hi, i just came from dubai last june 24, 2015. And no one confiscated my phantom 3 advance. My phantom was part of my handcarry baggage.. I think the rules still not implemented.

people are having quadcopters seized by customs in the airport now. Here's the article. The fee is about $500 and i think getting a CAAP clearance with requirements would be next to impossible during a normal vacation time.
Gov’t set to clip wings of drones
I notice the .....pay the taxes due....bit. Having been to Manila a few times, one thing authority is keen on...is dragging money out of tourists pockets!

Reactions: JTC and witold
I am flying to Philipines this comig Thursday and the drone is in my hand bag... So they will confiscated unless i pay fees or? Any idea

Were you able to bring your drone the Philippines?
I wanted to hear what you experience with the Bureau of Customs.
Please advise.

Well this sucks. I didn't have a drone on my last trip but I was so excited to bring my new P3 on my next trip. I guess I will leave it home. If it wasn't so much, I'd pay up.

You will find out by July 28..I will be bringing my inspire there.. Technically, if it's not written, it does not apply..Exporting however should not have a problem so coming back to the USA will be fine..I will be putting the remote oa a separate luggage also..Your best bet is take a flight via Singapore then to Davao Airport..Davao is much much cleaner and not a corrupt city under Mayor Duterte..
Do t see how this helps if you intend flying on to Manila, still have to go through Manila customs!
Anybody who has never been to the Philippines had better realise they make laws and they operate them strictly....especially those that have the tags, money, taxes, westerners with $, jail. If you get caught out...they will do exactly as the laws says. If you think this is bad, wait till you hire a car and try to cope with any city traffic, they call the police "crocodiles" coz the like to sink their teeth into western tourists and will pull you over for no reason and give you a ticket and demand cash on the spot fines.

Reactions: JTC and witold
Welcome to the Philippines! Any members here from Baguio, Dumaguete or Manila? Would love to meet up or exchange information.

Welcome to the Philippines! Any members here from Baguio, Dumaguete or Manila? Would love to meet up or exchange information.
Hi,
I am not in Phils..but have been to Dumagette, Cebu and Manila where I stay with Filipino friends. If you look in the meet ups, international section, you may find posts from Filipino flyers.
I will be in Manila next May, but due to the money grabbing high cost of a licence for the Phantom...it will not be with me.
Hope you get to enjoy your flying.

My Advice to you guys is... Disassemble your Quad... separate the body to a bag, but don't separate the esc's motors etc, just remove it to it's body, put it in a anti-static bag and label it, Repair Boards or Breadboards... don't worry about the Controller just put it in your luggage. You could try that and if they inspect just tell them it's a breadboard for your broken tv or ref or any other appliance, don't say you bought it new because they will surely put tax on it.. just say it's from a refurbished product. :):):):):):)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic