PHENOMENAL Aerial Drone Fireworks Video 4th of July 2015

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

DroneVU Studios collaborated with Zambelli fireworks and the Siesta Key chamber of commerce to create a phenomenal 4th of July aerial drone video. The link to the video is below:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The video was created using a DJI Phantom 2.

Overall, it's a well done video.
I could have done without the off-key singing - an intro almost two minutes long is a bit much.
The reverse video was unnecessary, and long - it added nothing but confusion.
Shaky-cam effect sucks. Really sucks - it looks like something is wrong with the drone.
I really loved the view from above the mortars.

Overall, it's a well done video.
I could have done without the off-key singing - an intro almost two minutes long is a bit much.
The reverse video was unnecessary, and long - it added nothing but confusion.
Shaky-cam effect sucks. Really sucks - it looks like something is wrong with the drone.
I really loved the view from above the mortars.

We appreciate your feedback, but we felt the national anthem for the 4th of July was fitting and it was originally sung by a 13yr old girl for the NY Yankees...also fitting for a 4th of July video. To us it was more than an intro, it was a symbol of America.

The reverse video and cam effects are a part of the dubstep scene and was queued off of the music so we synched our footage in a nod to that genre.

There is no reason that Anthem has to be sung badly to be patriotic.

very creative. loved the unique vantage points...

Nothing wrong with that girls singing. Nothing
I made my living singing for over 30 years and declined when asked to sing National Athem at pro baseball games. She did good.

Nothing wrong with that girls singing. Nothing
I made my living singing for over 30 years and declined when asked to sing National Athem at pro baseball games. She did good.

i didn't think it was bad either, but to each his own...

We have an Annual "SkyFire" put on here every year around March, by one of the local radio stations, with fireworks synched to the music. It's a very popular get together by the lake.
For the first time this year, a company filmed it with drones. An S1000, 2x S900's, and an Inspire 1. I heard there was a P2 there as well, but never saw it.
They got permission to fly at night (normally not allowed) and up to 1500 AGL, when 400 AGL is our normal limit here.
It was truly spectacular, and their video production was seriously top notch, as I guess you'd expect from a company with those kinds of resources and aircraft at their disposal.
I won't steal this thread with a link to it, but you could probably find it under "SkyFire 2015" and "Overall Photography" on a google search.
I was thrilled to find my normal spot for sitting to watch it every year but one for the last 26 years, is now where they launch the UAV's from. I spent more time watching them than the fireworks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31