Phatom 3 Professional range

Reaction score
I have recently brought a phantom 3 pro and I absolutely love it !!. My question is what is the range on these. I have seen some videos where people appear to be flying a fair way from where they took off. I am only flying with the P3 in view at the moment. But would like to have the confidence to fly further, so what is the realistic range.

You will find numerous threads on here with users experiences. You can be confidemt it will fly a lot further away than you will be able to see it with the naked eye. Over water and in areas without a lot of RF interference and obstructions will give greatest distance. 2km is easy to do reliably. Just make sure your RTH action and return height are set appropriately and have fun.

I have recently brought a phantom 3 pro and I absolutely love it !!. My question is what is the range on these. I have seen some videos where people appear to be flying a fair way from where they took off. I am only flying with the P3 in view at the moment. But would like to have the confidence to fly further, so what is the realistic range.

Yesterday I reached 5200 meters with a Pro - no mods - Line Of Sight helps a lot :-D

I see these posts with 2000 to 5000 meter range. I have flow my new p3a a few times now in some areas that should have little interference but only seem to get about 1500 meters distance flying at 120 meters high. Is this something of concern?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I see these posts with 2000 to 5000 meter range. I have flow my new p3a a few times now in some areas that should have little interference but only seem to get about 1500 meters distance flying at 120 meters high. Is this something of concern?

Only if you have a need to go further. AC and remote revisions have different TX power levels and regions have different operation (seemingly implemented by software interrogation of GPS or at factory- there have been different views expressed here about this).

Antenna and remote orientation makes a surprising difference. It's also worth checking your downlink settings. If on manual and you have a congested chanel you may be limited significantly.

Depends if you are concerned.
What make a big difference is ALWAYS pointing flat edge of antennas towards drone (not tip).
With FPV camera I get a power reading on signal and it can go from 10% to 100% at further distances if the antennas are not pointing correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.