Phatom 3 Pro won't link with rc or app on first try

Reaction score
Hi all, i just got my P3 pro coming from the vision, and vision 2 plus. Ive been wth rc's almost all my life coming from helis. Ive updated to all the latest firmware on the rc, copter, camera, and batt. My problem is, by instinct, my ritual is turn on rc first, then turn on the copter, then turn on the app. I have NEVER gotten the link up and "all systems go" scenario on the first try. I'll eventually have all of them link up, but its a drama fest of turning the rc off while the copter is on (normally a no-no in rc), or ill close the app, then turn off and on the copter then open the app, then turn on the rc on and off.. until eventually i get all systems to link up. This was never the case with the vision or the P2 +. It used to take me less than 3 minutes to get in the air with the former 2 drones. Now, it takes at least 5 minutes and a short prayer. Is it something to do with the latest firmware? Lightbridge? Or is everything in chaos until the IMU is fully warmed up? Once she's linked and ready to go tho, the P3 pro is light years better in terms of video stability and range compared to its older cousins. I just hate looking like an amateur (appologies to the newbies), trying to get her fired up.

Turn on the controller, open the app, then turn on the quadcopter. That is at least the order I use and it works for me. If you do a cold imu calibration, you will notice a huge improvement in the time it takes to get the green ready to fly status and your home point has been recorded please check it on the map notification.

Format your SD card. I bet you have the firmware file in it. I used to keep my firmware on the SD card and experienced the same issue.
Bottomline
Format your SD card, relink remote to the phantom and you should be ready to go.
Mine starts up instantly now.
Report what happened.

It's not a matter of ritual. Your sequence is correct but that's not his problem.
Can't wait OP to post if he had his firmware on the SD card and if formatting solved the issue.

It's not a matter of ritual. Your sequence is correct but that's not his problem.
Can't wait OP to post if he had his firmware on the SD card and if formatting solved the issue.

I don't have FW file on my SD and yet if I connect my iPhone to RC, turn everything on and start Go App, my P3P is not shown as connected.

I mean Re-link your setup from app settings. Also search on youtube how to re-flash your current firmware version.

RC is linked to the bird as soon as I power them both on but my iPhone with Go App isn't recognizing connection if USB is connected before startup. If I unplug USB and then plug it in again it works.
have you tried using a different cable? Maybe even try using a different device to run the go app.

have you tried using a different cable? Maybe even try using a different device to run the go app.

I did. No difference. Once I do the reconnect trick everything works good. My iPhone 5 isn't officially supported so that could be the reason why this is happening. I also have K1 and it works without any glitches.

May sound dumb, but have you rebooted your iPhone/Ipad? I had a similar issue and rebooted my iPad and it fixed the issue. Never know, try it.

Suggesting reboot is never a dumb idea since it resolves about 97.46% of all IT problems :) My preflight checklist always include cold reboot and switch to airplane mode no matter which device I use.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl