Phatom 2 fly incorrectly after FPV install

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hennjean here from South Africa.
I got my phantom 2 with zenmuse H3 3D gimbal last week, installed the gimbal & GoPro without any issues. Gimbal looked a little to the left but wasn't too bad.
I've flown the machine 3x without any issues. Today I received my skyzone FPV goggles & Boscam TS 352 transmitter. I installed the boscam transmitter by connecting the Red & Black wires to the Red & Brown from the phantom and the Yellow & Black wires from the transmitter to the yellow & brown from the phantom. Once I sparked the phantom up and searched the channels I found a pretty good picture. When I took off I realised something wasn't right. I couldn't descend as I could before and the phantom seemed hesitant to respond and didn't respond the way it did before I installed the FPV. It just kept on gaining altitude and only came down slowly just before I got into a panic. I brought it home and downloaded the Phantom & Phantom RC Assist for Mac, connected the phantom and upgraded the Main controller to 3.04, P330CB to 1.0.1.27 the H3 3D IMU to 10.0.06. No updates for the rest and GPS doesn't seem to show in the software update window. I removed the FPV and struggled to re-calibrate the GPS but eventually got the green light. I re-connected the FPV Boscam and the drone still behaves in the same bad way. I managed to land with crashing, removed the FPV completely, tried flying again but still no luck. The gimbal also seems very slow/unresponsive to tilt input from the remote controller.
Anybody got any advise for me please?

Do your FPV googles operate on 5.8 Ghz or 2.4 Ghz? If they are 5.8 Ghz, that is your problem, because your Phantom 2 uses 5.8 Ghz for control.

darwin-t said:
Do your FPV googles operate on 5.8 Ghz or 2.4 Ghz? If they are 5.8 Ghz, that is your problem, because your Phantom 2 uses 5.8 Ghz for control.
No he has a P2/zenmuse witch is 2.4 .
FC40/P2V are 5.8
Sorry I can not answer you I do not have the setup you are running I'm sure one of the other folks here will chime in .

Go into Assistant software -> Tools page -> reload "defaults" - then do advanced IMU calibration, then do your compass calibration.

If your FPV gear was working properly, reinstall before doing the above. One thing to keep in mind, the more stuff you add the shorter your flight times and it'll handle different because of the weight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic