PHANTON 3 PRO MOTOR overheated and melted shell

Reaction score
I bought this phantom 3 professional used.
The seller said it is necessary to change the engine and shell. I did not start working on it. Someone already had a similar experience? If I change the shell and engine solves or may have been something more serious?

Attachments

• s-l500 (1).jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 491
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 487
How it got over heated? There is good chances that ESCs also have failed which will require you to change the main board.

Reactions: paulo siqueira
Unfortunately I'm already wondering if I invest it or continue with the phantom 2. The phantom 2 is very simple

+1

The ESC is failing or has already failed. What sucks is the ESC is built on the main board thus you might need to get that replaced.
Seems at least one motor has been driven with a locked rotor, this sort of heat the ESC current limit may have been exceeded.... You could be lucky.

If the motors spin freely and are electrically connected I would power up and see if you can start motors and look for an esc error.

Depending on how many motors you replace you could easily be up to $400+ If main board and shell are required, plus anything else that is rooted.

Reactions: paulo siqueira
Many thanks for the reply. If it gets too expensive to my only solution is to dismantle the drone and sell the parts that are good. I paid $ 500, plus 400 concert would buy a new one. Not always lucky

Hello Friend. I imagine they committed error when installed the propeller guards. To my surprise the engines work perfectly. I'll just change the shell. If you use propeller protectors I recommend care

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4