Phanton 2 vision plus what original motor to buy for replace

Reaction score
Hi
I am totally new and live in the US.
I just bought and received a phantom 2 vision plus about 3 weeks ago.
If it helps it is the version that the controlled has a rechargeable battery.
I crashed it landing and it tilted over and the front 2 motors hit the dirt.
By the time I got it shut down and sitting upright the front motor (looking from the back it is the right side arm motor) had a burning smell coming from it.
When I restarted it that motor barely spins.
What model number motor would I need to replace it with.
I have read there are different ones and want to get the right one.
Thanks in advance for the help.
If I need to give any additional info just let me know.

Re: Phanton 2 vision plus what original motor to buy for rep

Sounds like you have the Phantom 2 vision+ v3 which would use the 2312 motors but you may only need ESC modules for that model and not the motors. Consult either dronefly.com or uavdirect.com for help and parts.

Thanks
Is there a way to tell if I need the motor or if it is the ESC

jpm1st said:
Thanks
Is there a way to tell if I need the motor or if it is the ESC

To my knowledge there is no easy way for you to tell which needs to be replaced. If I were to take a guess I'd replace both ESC modules. In order to smoke a brushless motor the enamel coating would have wear off two wires in order for them to short and that's not likely.

Well there is one easy way to tell if its the motor or the esc or both and thats to swap one of the other motors over to the same arm thats got the motor thats acting funny. if the other known good motor acts funny its the esc BUT this still requires soldering..

BUT there is an even easier way to know if its the motor or the esc which is just be what you described. happened to cause the problem.

Inless some thing physically breaks the windings in the motor in a crash the motor is not going to be harmed. From being stopped when it hit the dirt inless a stick or rock got jammed in threw one of the openings in the top of the motor and broke on of them copper wires in side or scratched threw the insulation. BUT them new motors have a much thicker winding in them then the older motors that had windings about as thin as a hair. and even then it was not to common for any one to ever damage windings other then by using the wrong screws after taking off a set of prop guards and putting the extra long screws back in the bottom of the motor and trashing the windings from the screws sticking up to far in the motor.

But one thing that is seeming to be real common esp with them bigger motors is that in a crash or any thing that causes the prop to stop causes the esc to burn out real fast. I already knew when reading the first part of the original post by the time I got to the part about the props hitting the dirt that this was going to be a NOW my motor is not working post. You need a new ESC thats the same revision number as the others. if they are version 2 escs you also well well may have to replace them all inless you can some how find a replacement that is just a version 2 rather then a v2.1 esc. But if the ones you have are v2 and not v2.1 you might just want to replace them all with the v2.1s any way being they are the right ones that dont burn out as fast if you ever have even a minor tip over or any thing that causes a prop to stop spinning and burning up your escs

J.James said:
Well there is one easy way to tell if its the motor or the esc or both and thats to swap one of the other motors over to the same arm thats got the motor thats acting funny. if the other known good motor acts funny its the esc BUT this still requires soldering..

BUT there is an even easier way to know if its the motor or the esc which is just be what you described. happened to cause the problem.

Inless some thing physically breaks the windings in the motor in a crash the motor is not going to be harmed. From being stopped when it hit the dirt inless a stick or rock got jammed in threw one of the openings in the top of the motor and broke on of them copper wires in side or scratched threw the insulation. BUT them new motors have a much thicker winding in them then the older motors that had windings about as thin as a hair. and even then it was not to common for any one to ever damage windings other then by using the wrong screws after taking off a set of prop guards and putting the extra long screws back in the bottom of the motor and trashing the windings from the screws sticking up to far in the motor.

But one thing that is seeming to be real common esp with them bigger motors is that in a crash or any thing that causes the prop to stop causes the esc to burn out real fast. I already knew when reading the first part of the original post by the time I got to the part about the props hitting the dirt that this was going to be a NOW my motor is not working post. You need a new ESC thats the same revision number as the others. if they are version 2 escs you also well well may have to replace them all inless you can some how find a replacement that is just a version 2 rather then a v2.1 esc. But if the ones you have are v2 and not v2.1 you might just want to replace them all with the v2.1s any way being they are the right ones that dont burn out as fast if you ever have even a minor tip over or any thing that causes a prop to stop spinning and burning up your escs

Problem here is when your dealing with people who have a every limited knowledge of electronics or even how to use a solder iron is to tell them to swap parts around to see if by doing so solves the problem. It was mentioned to contact a dealer for help and parts. Or didn't read that part J.J? :eek: :shock:

Problem here is when your dealing with people who have a every limited knowledge of electronics or even how to use a solder iron is to tell them to swap parts around to see if by doing so solves the problem. It was mentioned to contact a dealer for help and parts. Or didn't read that part J.J?

Well I did say that swapping the parts is only easy if some one can solder or dont know the easy way to know whats wrong which is just from experience of knowing its the esc that is bad. . But even contacting some place and getting the right parts is still going to require some one to solder them in for them if the person dont know how to solder properly. or dont have a soldering iron.

THO the easy diagnoses of some one that is more familiar with them is to just know that the cause and the symptoms are the same info they would have to give a dealer for a dealer to give them the same answerer that its the esc. they need and not the motor. Being a motor is not some thing that tends to ever fail short of some thing physically damaging it.

Tho i did make the assumption the OP was asking there ? due to them not having a lot of experience in that problem and didn't already have the answer they needed in the first place.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31