Phanton 2 Go Pro Version Differences!?

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Phantom 2, I already have a Go-Pro, there is one second hand for sale near me with the black perl screen, and all the other accessories which allow you to view the Go-Pro footage from the remote. This is going for £670, but the guy said he brought the Phantom 2 last summer.

I read somewhere that there has been a latest release, a newer model that came out in November 2014, with improved motors etc etc.

Would I notice a big difference in the versions being a firs timer? I want to use it to shoot footage of skateboarding and for extra filler clips, as well as take on holiday. It seems like a great bargain, but if there are massive improvements with the latest version I would rather pay £707 for just the drone and H3-3D and wait to buy the screen and transmitter at a later date.

What does everyone think on this? is there a big difference between the latest version release in November and the previous Phantom 2 version?

I have not seen any other models myself. I just purchased a P2 2.0 from Helipal and love it, using GoPro 4.

zadecross said:
I am looking at buying a Phantom 2, I already have a Go-Pro, there is one second hand for sale near me with the black perl screen, and all the other accessories which allow you to view the Go-Pro footage from the remote. This is going for £670, but the guy said he brought the Phantom 2 last summer.

I read somewhere that there has been a latest release, a newer model that came out in November 2014, with improved motors etc etc.

Would I notice a big difference in the versions being a firs timer? I want to use it to shoot footage of skateboarding and for extra filler clips, as well as take on holiday. It seems like a great bargain, but if there are massive improvements with the latest version I would rather pay £707 for just the drone and H3-3D and wait to buy the screen and transmitter at a later date.

What does everyone think on this? is there a big difference between the latest version release in November and the previous Phantom 2 version?

Welcome to the forum.
Have a look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpJv3QgEfc

If you have never flown the P2 before, no difference will be felt because you have nothing to compare it to. I bought the P2 version 2.0 and have had a great time with it. I almost just wrote "and I have had no problems with it" but caught myself because I am a little bit superstitious and that would be inviting a problem to occur. Glad I didn't say it! ;-)

I would buy the new version and wait to buy the FPV system.

Im looking to buy from helipal and I'm wondering about the delivery times and are they trustworthy. What was your experience?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1