Phantoms on Ebay

Reaction score
I recently joined a club that I had hoped to avoid. I did something kind of stupid and ended up crashing my P2+ and destroyed my gimble. As you all know, that is probably the most expensive piece of hardware on the bird. A replacement runs around $700.00. I called a repair shop in Salt Lake city and described the damage and he said it was probably not repairable. He told me that a large company nearby was selling replacement gimble units at the rate of 200 per month!!!! We agreed that there was no incentive for DJI to supply replacement parts or lower the price when they have such a cash cow.
But I degress. While licking my wounds and trying to think how I could fix my Phantom without just plunking down $700.00 I looked on Ebay to see if there were any bargains to be had. I was somewhat surprised to find several offerings. One is from someone who "found" a drone setting in his yard one morning. After advertising for the owner he put it on Ebay. Currently the price for the drone is less than the price of just the gimble replacement. There is no transmitter of course, but it would mean another battery and lots of parts to keep mine flying. Another source seems to be a store that sells returns. Understandably there are no guarantees,they were returned for a reason. But the prices seem reasonable. I guess I am trying to find an upside to spending more money. Am I kidding myself?
Are the transmitters on these unique, or is it possible mine would work with the "found" unit? Thanks for reading.....hoping for the best

You can mate your Vision+ controller or wife extender to any Vision+. Be careful on ebay, there are savings there but watch feedback closely and look at selling history.

Welcome to the club (my camera and gimbal got splashed by sea water and killed it), I have just ordered a complete new replacement V+ and hoping there will be a cheap alternative gimbal in the future to get my original one flying again, maybe with the new gopro4 or NEX100 (trying to look on the bright side).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues