Phantoms are for 14 year olds

LiLPhantom said:
Hells Bells I just spent 1800$ on a P2 w/ FPV and the support and feedback is from 14 year old kids! Searching these forums is ridiculous! Up for grabs! My P2 Phantom with all the bells and whistles I'd give it away to someone who can prove a profit from use, I'm buying a 1000 8 blade that can lift weight... Need to move to the 10K class of drones... Sorry just venting....
Don't knock the 14 year olds- the Phantom was most likely designed by a bunch of Chinese ones at playtime.
Tip- from a 65 1/2 year old- your only question on this forum is in the wrong place. Try VIDEO- that's where you will find guys lurking that are into landing gear mods. Warning- some might be 14 :eek:

LiLPhantom said:
... the support and feedback is from 14 year old kids! Searching these forums is ridiculous! ... who can prove a profit from use...

So your anecdotal experience and opinion combined with flawed reasoning regarding a few perceived (although I grant you the tech support point) issues warrants a scorched earth policy on all Phantoms? I think that is a logical fallacy.

Oh, and the burden of proof on if a profit can be made is on you to show otherwise- another logical oops me thinks.

Vent all you want- free forum to do so- but at least make a solid argument; not a justification to spend a **** ton of money on a bigger toy. Which begs the question: Why would you think a more expensive, larger, and technologically advanced opton that "lifts more weight" is going to require less support than an entry level, basic and bare bones Phantom?

I submit that your philosophy is to throw money at an issue, and that is fine if you got it, but does not make for a very good reason to dis on what many of us have spent some hard earned funds on.

Later tater- :twisted:

I'm confused. You have needs that warrant a $10,000 piece of hardware, but you thought the Phantom might be adequate? And while you don't balk at an astronomical figure like that, 20% of it is enough to send you in to a tizzy?

LiLPhantom said:
Hells Bells I just spent 1800$ on a P2 w/ FPV and the support and feedback is from 14 year old kids! Searching these forums is ridiculous! Up for grabs! My P2 Phantom with all the bells and whistles I'd give it away to someone who can prove a profit from use, I'm buying a 1000 8 blade that can lift weight... Need to move to the 10K class of drones... Sorry just venting....

LOL, hope you don't have a $10K flyaway... :lol: , btw, I love my Phantom ;)

Yep... convinced me. I'm giving away my P1 and as soon as my P2 gets here, I'm giving it away. They didn't cost enough to make them worthwhile.

And the comment about 14 year olds is spot on - just because I know several 14 year olds who can fly circles around me doesn't mean I should listen to them when they have good advice. I mean... what is this world coming to?

Ask a question, wait 2 hours, throw tantrum because no one responded.

I know 13 yrs olds with more poise than OP...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik