PhantomFilters.com ND's - Test Video

I'm hoping to get mine in the mail any day now. They look great! I didn't want to add more weight than necessary to the camera and this design solved that.

Last edited:
Reactions: fhagan02
Beautiful contrast.

However, to me it feels that the filter you used on the shots that weren't in direct sunlight (e.g. @0:14) caused an over-softness/muddiness. Do you feel the same, or was that the intended effect?

Which shots were with the ND16?

Beautiful contrast.

However, to me it feels that the filter you used on the shots that weren't in direct sunlight (e.g. @0:14) caused an over-softness/muddiness. Do you feel the same, or was that the intended effect?

That's YouTube's seemingly random compression. Being somewhat persnickety and selective with it's VBR as usual. CBR 50Mb/s Master file is gorgeous.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomFilters
I'm hoping to get mine in the mail any day now. They look great! I didn't want to add more weight than necessary to the camera and this design solved that.
Yep they worked wonderfully. Note: handle with care. They are gels so I always handle the with a lens cloth so I don't gunk up the edges with fingerprints. That said the cloth will clean them fine while wiping gently.

All three, depending on how much or how little light was available to keep the shutter around 50.
What were your camera settings using the NDs: WB, FPS, contrast, sharpness, saturation

The beginning of the video is very blurred on my 25inch screen but only the first 10 secs. Is that on purpose like an effect or because of the filter? I also have ND filters on my P2 and i maybe buy one for the P3 when the newer poloar pro arriving. Im not sure if i like the much softer image of those Filters. On a tripod its ok but i guess because the P3 is moving it will look really blurred with ND filters.

Last edited:
The beginning of the video is very blurred on my 25inch screen but only the first 10 secs. Is that on purpose like an effect or because of the filter? I also have ND filters on my P2 and i maybe buy one for the P3 when the newer poloar pro arriving. Im not sure if i like the much softer image of those Filters. On a tripod its ok but i guess because the P3 is moving it will look really blurred with ND filters.

This is usually (for me at least) Youtube starting out in <720p as it buffers/loads, and then full 1080 once its fully running.

Great video! Thanks for doing these, they are invaluable to filter noobs like me. I stumbled across them earlier today while looking at Polar Pro Lens footage on youtube.

Which brand of filters are your personal favorite overall, quality, added weight and everything?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4