Phantom3 Pro/Adv with Firehouse LED Strobe Light???

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm looking to see how others here who have tried these LED units have attached them to your P3P or P3A.

I've seen them used on the Inspire glued/taped to an outrigger shaft but I've not seen them used on Phantoms.

I've got 2 coming and I'm just planning ahead.

Fully self contained 3 watt LED strobes

Are these not the same as the much cheaper Strobon's?
They look identical?

Are these not the same as the much cheaper Strobon's?
They look identical?
They do look identical LOL! Dang nabbit :)

Sorry had to ask as I'm looking to add strobes as well :)
I'd buy the Strobon's for sure. Save some of your hard earned $$ for sure.

Did you locate a US supplier for them?

It looks like most everyone is "Out of Stock" with them... that's either a good sign for their product or a bad sign for their product LOL!

I'm on their "Notify upon rcpt" list now.....

It looks like most everyone is "Out of Stock" with them... that's either a good sign for their product or a bad sign for their product LOL!

I'm on their "Notify upon rcpt" list now.....
Crazy, I can't find anything with a self contained battery either!

Why Strobe Lights?

What purpose does your A/C serve?

Why Strobe Lights?

I'm flying "Commercially" and might opt to try a Night Time flight waiver if these work out as planned.

I'm flying "Commercially" and might opt to try a Night Time flight waiver if these work out as planned.

Ok...so in other words you might be flying above football stadiums at night with the blimp, if all goes well?

Btw, sure would hate to see some idiot use this lighting as a target to shoot at during the dark hours.

Why Strobe Lights?

What you thinking there Frank?
Just curious, as I'm just looking for something to make it easier to spot my bird in the sky during the day/dusk and the little guys in question seem perfect.

What you thinking there Frank?
Just curious, as I'm just looking for something to make it easier to spot my bird in the sky during the day/dusk and the little guys in question seem perfect.

Well I didn't think about day time. I put more attention into him saying "commercially". I took it as it would may be open something up for him in the evening hours. They don't want flying at night, but if the aircraft is lit up in the way by strobe lighting, maybe he could get some kind of an approval.

Now that you brought up day time visibility, that type of lighting system could be the hot ticket. Before the P3 was available, my hobby was seeing how high I could reach with an out of the box P2V+. To help see the aircraft I did 2 things that helped as great deal when the sun was out. I went to a craft store and bought small glass 1/2 diameter mirrors and secured them in different areas using velcro. The 2nd thing I did was attach a small crystal prism. To help find it had it fell from the sky I painted it a Day-Glo Red. It looked like a fire ball going through the sky.

You could do this for night time flying. It works well for me.

Reactions: BigAl07
It is just something I made from a cheap hula hoop, some prop guards and a cheap Chinese LED light set. You can set the color and pattern with the IR remote before it gets far away. I made mine with a plug that get power from my integrated power port, then switches that power (the light) on and off remotely through my switch port. My switch port is controlled by the front LEDS with a relay/photodiode/transistor circuit. But you don't need my ports, this will power off a small battery or to save weight you can power it from the P3 battery by tapping in somewhere. I like my switch port so I can turn it on from miles away and it adds to the UFO effect when it just "appears" in the sky, then disappears, then reappears further across the sky again. I can see it bright and clear as far as I can fly. The BIG drawback is that it is kind of heavy and creates significant drag making the drone handle like a school bus. My flight time is cut about in half.

P.S. My drone is now a black pearl color and I dyed my props black so at night, all you see are the lights.

I installed one of these on the bottom of my gimble guard. I power it from a 9v battery. Day time sight up to one mile. Night time 2-3 miles. commercial grade strobe.

DS-30--1 Drone Strobe

Attachments

• IMG_2730.JPG
    IMG_2730.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 434
Reactions: BigAl07
Well I didn't think about day time. I put more attention into him saying "commercially". I took it as it would may be open something up for him in the evening hours.
Yes this will allow Civil Twilight flights for sure under Part 107.

They don't want flying at night, but if the aircraft is lit up in the way by strobe lighting, maybe he could get some kind of an approval..
They have a "Waiver" system where you can request it to be allowed but you have to meet certain criteria for it to be considered. 3M night time visibility is the lighting criteria and I'm hoping this will meet that criteria.

They are INSANELY bright and I flew to 2 miles and it was still visible but I couldn't see enough to know I wasn't about to fly into the side of a mountain. I'll have to find a way to test beyond 2 miles but I'm optimistic this will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1