Phantom3 advanced ------Stop -- Start

Reaction score
Just came in from a flight(Phantom 3 Advanced) Strange thing happened.Did a return to home .All ok . Bit of wind when it landed. Bounced over and proceeded to screw itself into the ground. I picked it up whilst it was still running and one of the motors was not turning. Stopped the motors(3) Turned of everything -- Controller - Phantom 3. Turned everything back on. All motors started and Phantom flew as per normal. Any ideas.

Hi Skyedoge

Not seen this on a P3, but it did happen on my Phantom 2 after a crash, it could be that the firmware detects a stalled motor when the others are running, and cuts juice to it, I don't know for sure.

But one thing I would recommend you do, with the prop attached to the motor that stalled, hold the arm and gently pull upwards on the prop, it should barely move up and down, however if the retaining "C" clip has come off you will be able to pull the armature of the motor out completely, there will be a slight resistance in overcoming the magnetic field, but if the prop comes free strip her down and fix it :)
Waylander

Just came in from a flight(Phantom 3 Advanced) Strange thing happened.Did a return to home .All ok . Bit of wind when it landed. Bounced over and proceeded to screw itself into the ground. I picked it up whilst it was still running and one of the motors was not turning. Stopped the motors(3) Turned of everything -- Controller - Phantom 3. Turned everything back on. All motors started and Phantom flew as per normal. Any ideas.

The very first time I launched my P3A it rolled over into the grass, blades spinning. It did the same thing. After a couple seconds the motors in the grass shut-off and there was a "Prop obstruction" error on the screen. After I started it again everything was fine.

I'd also check that motor for any heat issues. Either let it idle for several minutes or if you're confident in its air worthiness, fly it for a couple minutes then check.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmmm..that's interesting. Keep us informed if you find out! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers