Phantom2, X8R, Taranis, FrSky Cur. Sensor-40A

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have the Phantom 2, Taranis x9d with the X8R xmitter and a FrySky Current sensor-40A. I understand the current sensor can read the voltage of the Phantom2 smart battery and send the info to the X8R which can be read on the Taranis Telemetry screen.
I un-soldered the main batt wires from the main board and installed the current sensor in-line, re-soldering the exiting wires from the sensor into the main board. It is a complete connection and the Phantom operates electrically just fine. I have the data connector going from the sensor to the X8R smart port with the Red LED light on the Sensor blinking slowly indicating the Batt port is connected and the smart port is connect.
Even though I have the Phantom starting up normally and the sensor appears to be functioning as should be, I don't have any voltage or current data reading on the Telemetry screen of the Taranis...what could I be doing wrong?

Please help...

Thanks
Mike
Here is the link I used to set it up. It is a pdf file https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 5504,d.cWc

Do you know what mode you have the X8R bound in? Two of the four D16 modes available don't have telemetry capability.

Does your Taranis even display A1 voltage? That's what the X8R reads as the voltage from the NAZA, even if no external sensors are connected, so that will at least tell you if you're getting any telemetry back.

Also, the 40A sensor will read current, but I don't believe it'll read voltage (I use the FLVS for that)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers