Phantom2 V2 Users, feedback please

Interesting post, also see
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32008

As this is not specific to Non Vision I suggest that you request that it gets moved to General Discussion.

I would say to V2 users open your quad and check that your wires aren't in the state per picture and if they are read links posted above.
Mine is in transit so can't check yet.

062445wm6fuj6hfvdjhr0f.jpg

Its good when it flies properly. Make sure you get it from a reputable dealer with a good warranty/exchange program. Lastly, "common sense" plays a big part in successfully flying this thing.

so if i have option to buy Phantom 2 V1 (the old one) shall i go for it, or you still recommend the V2 model. i don't really care about the extra power that much. later when things are stable i can upgrade. your opinion guys.
thanks

I'd go with the v2.0. Its got NEW everything. If cash is hard, the Phantom 2 v1.0 is always a good substitute. Though, if you think about it, there must be a reason why DJI upgraded that compass on the v2.0.

messiry said:
Hi Phantom2 V2 users, i am off to buy the new V2 quad, and wanted to get a feedback from you, there are some folks having hard time with the new motors, ESC, bad (thin) cables causing the quad to crash due to over heat.
thanks for the feedback

here is a link for the discussion on DJI
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=view ... D1&lang=en

regard

I read the discussion. I'm also an electronic engineer and I agree that the wires are way too small. That is electronics 101. I can't believe they made such a newbie mistake. I hate to void my warranty, but when it is up, I will re-wire mine.

I have P2 non vision v2.0 and ESC fried on my second flight. I've replaced the ESC board since then and had another 20 flights so far without issues. Gona open my phanny soon to see how the wires are doing.

anyhow, point is, that it looks like that P2 v2.0 is an accident waiting to happen as I've heard a lot stories of ESC's v2.0 failing.

why the fk would DJI cheapen out on these critical cables? Which imbecile at DJI thought thinning out these cables would cut down cost or reduce weight? Were they lazy?

PhantomFanatic said:
I read the discussion. I'm also an electronic engineer and I agree that the wires are way too small. That is electronics 101. I can't believe they made such a newbie mistake. I hate to void my warranty, but when it is up, I will re-wire mine.

Also been thinking about this. There are two weak points as far as excessive current goes in the motor drive system. One is surely the MOSFET drivers (I have blown one when my P2 tipped over, and stalled the prop), and the other apparently is the wiring from the ESC to the motors - although I have not seen this. In fact on my system even though the current got so high to pop a semiconductor, the wires are fine. This suggests to me that a spike of current maybe affects the ESC and sustained high current affects the wiring - but I dont know for sure. What do you think?

The real question is, before we can replace the wiring it would be good practise to identify what the current demands of the motor are, otherwise adding thicker wire is nothing but a non-scientific guess.

Any ideas on max current demands and on what gauge wire would be suitable ?

i guess the only way is to see the specs of the motor and the ESC, then we need to run the phantom with a gauge to monitor the current. you are correct, it might be something else burning the MOSFET and melting the wires, it can be a power circuit manufacturing defect. what i am sure DJI was rushing things for XMAS and new year.

how is your quad, how many flights did you have on it so far, did you notice anything?
thnx

messiry said:
how is your quad, how many flights did you have on it so far, did you notice anything?
thnx

So far quad is good. No problems in 15-20 flights (except when I landed on uneven ground and it tipped over, stalling prop and blowing ESC).

messiry said:
i guess the only way is to see the specs of the motor and the ESC

OK I think I have found some specs for the 2312. Now then, can anyone tell me how many amps they think the wiring can take - before I post the specs ;) ?

EDIT: Please specify whether you are providing current information on the 2312s which were prefitted, or on upgrade 2312s (they seem different).

I've had my P2 V2 for about 3-4 days now with I'd say 5-6 good flights. I have a Fatshark 600mw with CP antennas and mini iOSD wired in. Gopro Hero 3+ Black, (need a 4 asap!) I have a 7ch black pearl monitor, and a pair of FS goggles depending on the situation (the goggles are so much brighter/easier to see detail)
2nd flight I took it to 1200 meters out and decided that was far enough for now. Great video and reception and no failsafe triggered. CP omni antenna on my googles were working 1200 meters out, so no need for crazy directional antennas with the 600mw Fat Shark TX.
15-16 mintes on the battery before I land (usually land in the 25-30% range)

I've never flown a phantom before, so I can't compare it to the previous phantom... but this thing rocks!!!!!

I own a fully decked out QAV250, QAV400, Tarot 680pro, and the new Align M480L…. the phantom is my new favorite, by far… Easy to get great video quickly with no muss/fuss. SO much so, I'm thinking of selling my Tarot, and possibly the Align to trade over to a S900 (DJI fan now)

If you have good flying skills you will love how easy the Phantom is flying… could be a little faster, but thats what I have the QAV400 for (40-50mph with it)

However I feel its too much $$$$ in the air for a new pilot… learn on something cheaper, and learn to fly FULL manual… Seriously it will make you a MUCH better pilot… I really only fly full manual with my 250, and sometimes with my 400, but if you can rock manual, you will be a TOP NOTCH phantom pilot for getting those great shots.

I have flown RC since i was a kid 20 years ago, and I am VERY impressed with how the phantom 2 V2 flys and operates.

Here's a quick vid I did from the first day of flying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itrlqmNNgZc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub