Phantom2 only travels 100M before failsafe kicks in.

Reaction score
My Phantom2 seems to have decided on it's own distance limits.
It will travel appox 100 meters. Once It reach this limit, it ascends (20m?), spins around to point home and and then heads there.
I can flip the GPS/ATTI switch to get back into control once the process has started.
It's doing it in both ATT and GPS mode. I have changed (increased) the limits in the Assistant software but they seem to have no effect.
Any suggestions?

Solved!
It was a matter of the P2 losing contact with the remote.
On an earlier flight, I had dropped the remote and the antenna popped out of the housing. I gave a little tug to make sure it was connected inside and snapped it back in place. Either my tug or the drop broke/dislodged the wire. I scraped all the silicone stuff of the antenna connection to the board and realized resoldering that little cox connector would be impossible. I was able to solder the wire directly to the board connector and it's not pretty, but I just verified (by walking the remote away from the propless P2) that it now communicates at least 500 meters.
Has anyone been able to source an oem antenna/cable? or something else that's plug and play?

Unfortunately, you may find you experience degraded performance. My understanding is that the antenna wire is tuned and cutting / breaking and than trying to join it again it can upset this considerably.

I haven't seen spares for these anywhere. You could try contacting DJI directly or the (pricey) alternative is to just replace the stock tranmitter / controller with a Futaba :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4