Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom2 (new) battery issue

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by Mudfoot, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Mudfoot

Hey folks, new here, new pilot.
    I bought a P2 last week, have installed the Zenmuse 3D gimbal, mini iOSD, DJI Hub, AVL58 FVP, and running a GoPro 3+. My first couple of days of flying without FPV, I was getting about 19-20 minutes of flying before I got the 2 bar battery lights. Went through about 5 cycles of this. Battery was never discharged below 20%, and fully charged just before I planned to go fly.

After I installed the FPV setup, connected it to the Assistant S/W and updated to 3.04, I am getting about 10-11 minutes before the battery is discharged to 22-24%. Any reason why this would happen from the FPV install or the firmware update?

I just went and bought another battery this afternoon to try out and see if I got a bum one from the factory. Any advice would be appreciated for a new pilot who's dropped $1500 in the last week for a 10 minute flyer.

Thanks.

2. Mudfoot

Brand new battery fully charged went from 99% to 30% in 11:16. Flying stable at 50m in height, no wind.