Phantom2 Japan Limited Package

ahv

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've decided to get a quadcopter for my GoPro3+ camera and have been reading about the Phantom2 for about a month including watching a ton of YouTube videos with footage and technical concerns. I've already planned several commercial and DIY upgrades for when my budget allows, but I'd like your input to the following package that is available here in Japan (I moved my roots here 2 months ago).

The Phantom2 w. Zenmuse H3-3D is JPY 107.000 JPY (~$1070).

They offer the following package (JPY 181.440 ~ $1800) which will be within my current budget.

Phantom2 w. Zenmuse H3-3D
8 spare props
Prop guards (not sure I'll be using these after reading various post here and in other fora)
Aluminium transport box
Futaba T14SG incl. Futaba Rx

Would you recommend me this package taking into consideration that I'd like to upgrade with a FPV system in the very near future? Also it seems that upgrading to the Futaba Tx-Rx combo will secure me a little bit more against and potential flyaway? I love the idea about being able to program the Futaba Tx.

Thanks for your time
Alex

That radio is $500-$600 by itself and aluminium boxes - depending how nice - can be very expensive. So this is not a horrible deal by any means.

However, the radio will not give you better range and it will not prevent you from flyaways. The main benefits of a radio like this is if you have 10 RC toys, you can program your 1 radio instead of carrying around 5 radios. Additionally, it has more than P2's 7 channels so you can use spare channels for things. For example, if you wanted to use a remote trigger for a camera, you can't do it on P2's stock radio without giving up functionality of one of the switches.

Personally, I would get the regular kit. You're not saving any money with the upgraded kit and it doesn't look like you need the radio for anything. If at anytime in the future you want any of that stuff, you can get it and it won't cost you anymore. The kit doesn't save you money.

Hi witold

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll take your advice and go for the regular kit and upgrade later on if needed.
Btw, this is the package where you can see the alu box and the other stuff (sorry only in Japanese): http://www.sekido-rc.com/?pid=73894445
The box on its own is $160 and the radio $450, so it seems that the only benefit from this is that it will come already configurated, but I dont mind doing that on my own.

Thank you for your time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl