Phantom2 and Lightbridge, what is the simplest Transmitter?

Re: Phantom2 and Lightbridge, what is the simplest Transmitt

DOH!!! had everything working. All switches assigned, gimbal working, perfect right......WRONG!!!

So pleased after having everything going, decided to do the new LB update to resolve intermittent video glitch. BANG! no more controller or video!

after a few power cycles with no result turned it all off and headed for the Yukon Jack Wicked Hot.

till manana :cry:

The firmware upgrade takes a few seconds to download but about 10mins to install. I suspect you have corrupted your firmware either on the air or ground unit (or both) That can be pretty awful to recover from hence the parity checking process that takes so long.

stevejluke said:
....I am looking for a simple (and secondarily least expensive) transmitter to use. .....

I am looking for the simplest solution - I doubt I can get a 'plug it in' solution, but is there one that won't take me all night (as a noob) to get running?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Steve

I used a Futaba T8-J as the control interface to Lightbridge. It works fine and I had clear 720p video up to 1.2 km (could have gone further but chose not to).

If one is a newbie and does not intend to do high performance manoeuvres with other craft, I would suggest that there isn't a need to waste money on a higher-spec controller like a 14SG. Note that transmitter and receiver functions are completely taken over by the LightBridge components. One can strip off the stock control air-side transmitter, the CanBus and all the connects (if not using the Bluetooth module) when installing the LB air components

Despite the weight of the airside module (79gm), the weight differential air-side, compared to a system with an iOSD, FPV-hub and AVL 58 Tx + antennae is marginal. The set up is actually very clean looking.

I got stuck and really frustrated for a while because I couldn't get any response from my Futaba 14sg after spending a lot of time researching how to program and loading profiles for the Phantom. I would open up the Lightbridge utility and not see any response from my control sticks and just start troubleshooting like crazy. After 2 days of frustration I realized the lightbridge doesn't even activate the control from the transmitter until you do the calibration. I was stopping before the calibration because I expected to at least see stick movement in the utility and then I would go into calibration. CALIBRATE FIRST.

Steve!
I was having the "exact" same problem as you, no green light for air system video and RC signals were 0 in the DJI app.
Do this, in the goPro setup, enable protune, then select 1080@30fps as your video and thats it.
Also, the following booting sequence works for me......
1. Power up the ground station+futaba
2. start the lightbridge app
3. now power up the phantom
4. power on the goPro last.
Worked for me. good luck.

Good tips uhayat! I did my first flight today P2-h32d-LB-8FGs... Very nice response from the Phantom and the images looked amazing.. i did not have any problems setting up the Futaba.. I followed ianwood's tutorial found in this Forum and it has worked great...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.