Phantom1 compass calibration fails

Reaction score
At the end of the process I get a blinking green light, once per second. Rotors will not turn.

MY STEPS
1. transmitter on, connect the battery
2. flip the GPS/ATTI switch back/forth 6-8 times, get a solid yellow as expected
3. do the counter-clockwise rotation with the lamp facing me, get a green lamp as expected
4. do the counter-clockwise rotation with the lamp facing up, get a flashing green, once per second

EXPECTED RESULT
Get a quickly flashing green, the rotors turn when I wiggle the sticks.

ACTUAL RESULT
Get a green lamp blink once per second, no response when wiggling the sticks.

Suggestions? What am I missing?

What you're seeing is expected behavior, once calibration is complete the Phantom will return to the slow blinking light (green or yellow depending on your flight mode). If you just see the slow green blink that means you're in GPS mode and have 7 or more satellites locked. You should be able to move both sticks to one of the CSC positions (e.g. Down and inward) and start the motors once you see that, sometimes the sticks have to be held in that position for a second for the Phantom to register the command.

The quick-flashes of green will happen on their own once the Phantom has saved it's home position, which may take a moment or two, but you should still be able to start the motors if that hasn't happened yet.

Did you hook up to the NAZA assistant and check for calibration?

MY STEPS
1. transmitter on, connect the battery
2. flip the GPS/ATTI switch back/forth 6-8 times, get a solid yellow as expected
3. do the counter-clockwise rotation with the lamp facing me, get a green lamp as expected
4. do the counter-clockwise rotation with the lamp facing up, get a flashing green, once per second

EXPECTED RESULT
Get a quickly flashing green, the rotors turn when I wiggle the sticks.

ACTUAL RESULT
Get a green lamp blink once per second, no response when wiggling the sticks.

Suggestions? What am I missing?[/quote]

Thanks all, the issue is resolved. I used the information in OI Photography's reply to get it going.
Yes, I did hook up to the assistant and run the calibration.
Any suggestions on strategies for finding good documentation on the Phantom1? Right now I'm doing Google searches, and searching on YouTube.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4