Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom1 compass calibration fails

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by johncla, Jul 12, 2014.

1. johncla

At the end of the process I get a blinking green light, once per second. Rotors will not turn.

MY STEPS
    1. transmitter on, connect the battery
    2. flip the GPS/ATTI switch back/forth 6-8 times, get a solid yellow as expected
    3. do the counter-clockwise rotation with the lamp facing me, get a green lamp as expected
    4. do the counter-clockwise rotation with the lamp facing up, get a flashing green, once per second

EXPECTED RESULT
    Get a quickly flashing green, the rotors turn when I wiggle the sticks.

ACTUAL RESULT
    Get a green lamp blink once per second, no response when wiggling the sticks.

Suggestions? What am I missing?

2. OI Photography

What you're seeing is expected behavior, once calibration is complete the Phantom will return to the slow blinking light (green or yellow depending on your flight mode). If you just see the slow green blink that means you're in GPS mode and have 7 or more satellites locked. You should be able to move both sticks to one of the CSC positions (e.g. Down and inward) and start the motors once you see that, sometimes the sticks have to be held in that position for a second for the Phantom to register the command.

The quick-flashes of green will happen on their own once the Phantom has saved it's home position, which may take a moment or two, but you should still be able to start the motors if that hasn't happened yet.

3. reALIGNed

Did you hook up to the NAZA assistant and check for calibration?

MY STEPS
    1. transmitter on, connect the battery
    2. flip the GPS/ATTI switch back/forth 6-8 times, get a solid yellow as expected
    3. do the counter-clockwise rotation with the lamp facing me, get a green lamp as expected
    4. do the counter-clockwise rotation with the lamp facing up, get a flashing green, once per second

EXPECTED RESULT
    Get a quickly flashing green, the rotors turn when I wiggle the sticks.

ACTUAL RESULT
    Get a green lamp blink once per second, no response when wiggling the sticks.

Suggestions? What am I missing?[/quote]

4. johncla

Thanks all, the issue is resolved. I used the information in OI Photography's reply to get it going.
    Yes, I did hook up to the assistant and run the calibration.
    Any suggestions on strategies for finding good documentation on the Phantom1? Right now I'm doing Google searches, and searching on YouTube.

5. OI Photography

If you haven't been there already, this is the place to start: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/download

You'll want to read the Phantom Quick Start Manual, Phantom Advanced Manual, and NAZA v2 Quick Start Manual, all on that page. A fair amount of the info is duplicated across the manuals, but read all 3 thoroughly to make sure you get all the fine points.

6. tailspin

Counter clockwise?? Is that recommended?

7. 4wd

4wd

I doesn't matter which way, just keep it roughly level.