Phantom

Reaction score
Hey there my question is if I buy the phantom without the bundle gimbal will it come with the cable needed for installation?

I'm saying this cause apparently in B&H the one without the gimbal is saying that it includes the new ESC V2.0 (second picture) whereas the one with the gimbal it does not (first pic)

We are talking about the phantom 2 v2.0

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420772315.789183.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420772315.789183.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 379
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420772328.640990.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420772328.640990.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 430
Eltrochaphantom said:
Hey there my question is if I buy the phantom without the bundle gimbal will it come with the cable needed for installation?

I'm saying this cause apparently in B&H the one without the gimbal is saying that it includes the new ESC V2.0 (second picture) whereas the one with the gimbal it does not (first pic)

We are talking about the phantom 2 v2.0

The Phantom 2 v2 with or without the gimbal advertized at B&H have the same wiring. Buying the unit with the gimbal you save 99 dollars that the only difference between the two.

I know that but since I saw that people who bought theirs used which don't come with the gimbal had the latest ESC'S whereas the ones who bought as a bundle with gimbal didn't have the latest ones. So that makes me think that the one that comes without gimbal has the latest ones.

Anyway if what I'm saying is true I could get the p2 v2.0 new and the gimbal used in condition 9 and it will cost me the same but I can make sure that I'm getting the latest ESC'S

Did I explain myself correctly?

Eltrochaphantom said:
I know that but since I saw that people who bought theirs used which don't come with the gimbal had the latest ESC'S whereas the ones who bought as a bundle with gimbal didn't have the latest ones. So that makes me think that the one that comes without gimbal has the latest ones.

Anyway if what I'm saying is true I could get the p2 v2.0 new and the gimbal used in condition 9 and it will cost me the same but I can make sure that I'm getting the latest ESC'S

Did I explain myself correctly?

No. What does not buying with or without a gimbal have to do with the ESC module??

I'm just simply mentioning that in the bh app and website the one without the gimbal mentions the ESC v2.0 whereas the one with the gimbal does not.

Look at the pics in the first post

Eltrochaphantom said:
I'm just simply mentioning that in the bh app and website the one without the gimbal mentions the ESC v2.0 whereas the one with the gimbal does not.

I'm looking at the and neither one mentioned that the ESC boards were 2.0 boards. This is their ad DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0 and the other ad just adds the gimbal.

jason said:
Eltrochaphantom said:

I'm looking at the and neither one mentioned that the ESC boards were 2.0 boards. This is their ad DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0 and the other ad just adds the gimbal.

It does.

But anyway I was wrong both say they come with the ESC v2.0 it was just that in the app in one of them it wouldn't show it to me

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420777159.333232.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420777159.333232.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 363
Eltro, I think is the luck of the draw. You wont know till it falls out of the sky or until you pop the top. Best bet is to go to a place with high turn overs. This means they always getting the latest batch.

Eltrochaphantom said:
jason said:
Eltrochaphantom said:

It does.

But anyway I was wrong both say they come with the ESC v2.0 it was just that in the app in one of them it wouldn't show it to me

Open up the ad for the one with the gimbal and look that the overview and at the bottom of the page there are two items under THIS KIT INCLUDES: Open the the DJI Phantom 2 quadcopter v2.0.

B&H just listed them differently that all. Both have the same equipment and electronics inside.

Mako79 said:
Eltro, I think is the luck of the draw. You wont know till it falls out of the sky or until you pop the top. Best bet is to go to a place with high turn overs. This means they always getting the latest batch.

And you wouldn't recommend B&H is that what you are saying? If so which other dealer

Eltrochaphantom said:
Mako79 said:

And you wouldn't recommend B&H is that what you are saying? If so which other dealer

I personally brought mine from B&H last March but if I were to have a problem I wouldn't send to them for repairs as they do not have repair center. It might cost you a bit more somewhere else with a repair center but it could be worth it if you unable to the repair yourself. Something to think about.

Basically they told me that I could send it back and in most of the cases they replace it with a new one.

But let's say the ESC were to go wrong I would claim my 1 year warranty and ask them to send.me the ESC and I DIM since it is a little bit of soldering. I'd rather do that than waiting more than 2 months for them to send it back

When you buy a Phantom plus the gimbal combo, the gimbal is not preinstalled. The gimbal comes in its own little box. So I would think that it doesnt matter which Phantom they grab. They probably simply grab a Phantom 2 and grab a Gimbal and ship to you.

It seems that the incorrect ESCs are in Phantoms that were bought in November and December. If you find one that was built lately it should have the correct ESC.

I bought my Phantom 2 NV with the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal already assembled at Dronefly.com. B&H is my go to place for photo and video gear - it's their core competency. But I bought my Phantom from Dronefly because that's all they do - sell drones.

SteveMann said:
I bought my Phantom 2 NV with the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal already assembled at Dronefly.com. B&H is my go to place for photo and video gear - it's their core competency. But I bought my Phantom from Dronefly because that's all they do - sell drones.

And did it come with latest ESC'S?

mendezl said:
When you buy a Phantom plus the gimbal combo, the gimbal is not preinstalled. The gimbal comes in its own little box. So I would think that it doesnt matter which Phantom they grab. They probably simply grab a Phantom 2 and grab a Gimbal and ship to you.

It seems that the incorrect ESCs are in Phantoms that were bought in November and December. If you find one that was built lately it should have the correct ESC.

Well my order is not shipping until 22 January and apparently B&H received new shipment on 5 January since they had ran out of them.

In the worst case I would have to change them myself and done

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic