PHANTOM + ZENMUSE + SONY FPV FLIGHT TIMES

Reaction score
We were running some flight time tests today and honestly - its not good news....

Our brand new Phantom is fitted with the Following

Zenmuse Gimbal
Sony FPV + Camera mounted to battery door
GpPro 3 Black
2250 mAh 45c Desire High discharge Battery

With EVERYTHING connected and running ( including The wifi the Gopro) - we got 3:21 sec footage with the phantom giving up the ghost at 3:56 sec

We then tuned OFF the Wifi and the FPV - footage 4:12 - Phantom dead at 4:44 sec

We noticed that the Gimbal is charging the gopro ?? why ? does anyone know how much this impacts the flight time ? if anyone had any ideas as to how we can extend the flight time - would be appreciated

Waxworx.

Hmm, that's not right..... I run a small fpv cam, like the Sony, on the battery door, plus a video transmitter, plus a gopro hero3 black, held in a tarot brushless gimbal, all powered by a 2250 30c battery and I am getting 6 plus minutes. I do not power the gopro, there is no cable going to it, I do not use the wifi option on the gopro, it drains the gopro battery too fast. The extra weight of the gimbal, plus its power usage have dropped my flight imes down to 6 plus mins, from 8 plus. I would get a battery checker and make sure your battery is giving good performance, it may be unbalanced or have a faulty cell.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31