Phantom won't respond to controller...

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm brand new to flying and was doing really well with about 15 flights (and only a few minor crashes), until by my own fault, a prop came off mid-flight (only about ten feet up) and my Phantom hit the pavement pretty hard. I got an error code 25 after the crash, and after a lot of reading, I carefully removed the Naza, did the whole "table whack" thing, re-assembled (I made sure to label wires and take pictures so everything is exactly as it was), did an advanced calibration, and finally a firmware update.
I now get an error code 27. I attempted to calibrate the compass but the Phantom just continually blinks yellow and red. I plugged it back into the computer (got the error code 27 again) and I noticed that the Phantom wasn't responding at all to the controller when I moved the sticks around. The Phantom wasn't responding to controller when I got the error code 25 either but I figured it was a side effect of the crash and once the error code 25 was gone it would be fine. I'm really new to all this and would really appreciate some guidance. I haven't even sent my Hero3 up yet!

Hey hwarolin, after the update just check that the receiver setting hasn't switched to d-bus or other it should be PPM as mentioned in a few posts now, an easy check although after a crash may be completely diff. problem.
Cheers

How would I check to see if the Phantom is responding to the controller? I can't even get mine off the ground. I've had it for several weeks and only have so much time to play with it.

Open up phantom and check that the receiver light is not flashing. If it is,the transmitter and receiver lost its bind.

fabficator said:
Open up phantom and check that the receiver light is not flashing. If it is,the transmitter and receiver lost its bind.

Open it? Do you mean where the battery is stored, or take it apart?

if you have done a firmware update you need to make sure you have loaded the default parameters file for that firmware. If you are using the stock tx and rx then the assist will set the rx to d-sub if you haven't loaded the file if you load the config file it sets it to PPM. If it is set wrong you will not be able to enter the compass calibration. This can change of course if you are using 3rd party transmitters etc.

Open it? Do you mean where the battery is stored, or take it apart?[/quote]

You will need to take the top cover off. Remove all props, remove the Phillips screw at the end of each arm (underside) then remove the 2 hex screws on each arm (4 screws hold the motors in so don't remove them) Then there are 4 hex screws near each landing gear leg, remove those and flip the phantom over then you should be able to remove the cover easily. There are wires connecting the naza to the gps, you can disconnect that or leave it. Just remember to plug it in when your done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers