Phantom won't go into gps/compass calibration mode

Reaction score
When I first got my Phantom, I was able to perform the calibration procedure (switch control mode switch quickly 10 times, rotate on horizontal axis, rotate on vertical axis) just fine. I remember it didn't go into the calibration mode (LED goes solid yellow) the first time I switched 10 times, but maybe it was the second or third time that it turned solid yellow.

But now no matter how many times I switch modes, the yellow LED never comes on. The green LED just keeps blinking, telling me that Reggie (long story) wants to fly.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks.

Mike

I experienced a similar issue, but it was after a firmware upgrade, but on my very first flight.

No mater how many times I tried the quick 10 switch trick it would not work. So I took off and flew it until the battery needed to be swapped. With a fresh battery I tried again, and it went into calibration mode.

Another thing I noticed is that after the firmware upgrade to 4.0 it goes into calibration mode after 6 switches; so you might want to try six. I just stumbled on this when I saw a YouTube video on the 4.0 upgrade that someone did and I noticed they only flipped the switch 6 times, so I tried it.

Good Luck

Gordo said:
I experienced a similar issue, but it was after a firmware upgrade, but on my very first flight.

No mater how many times I tried the quick 10 switch trick it would not work. So I took off and flew it until the battery needed to be swapped. With a fresh battery I tried again, and it went into calibration mode.

Another thing I noticed is that after the firmware upgrade to 4.0 it goes into calibration mode after 6 switches; so you might want to try six. I just stumbled on this when I saw a YouTube video on the 4.0 upgrade that someone did and I noticed they only flipped the switch 6 times, so I tried it.

Good Luck

Thanks perfect advice!!! I'm good to go now for my Quadcopter.

mkaiserco said:
When I first got my Phantom, I was able to perform the calibration procedure (switch control mode switch quickly 10 times, rotate on horizontal axis, rotate on vertical axis) just fine. I remember it didn't go into the calibration mode (LED goes solid yellow) the first time I switched 10 times, but maybe it was the second or third time that it turned solid yellow.

But now no matter how many times I switch modes, the yellow LED never comes on. The green LED just keeps blinking, telling me that Reggie (long story) wants to fly.

Poor Reggie. :( Just for grins, you might want to connect to NAZA Assistant and verify that when you are flipping the mode switch on the TX that it's actually showing the changes on the screen. Possible that something is just wonky with the switch or calibration and that when you're moving it it's not actually sending the control change. If that turns out to be the case, you might want to try a standalone TX calibratoin (Procedure A5):

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... ual_en.pdf

And as noted, in latest firmware only 6 "flips" are needed. Try starting and ending on ATTI (middle position).

Many thanks to all who have replied. I'll try your suggestions later today or tomorrow and will report back.

Mike

Re: Sv: Phantom won't go into gps/compass calibration mode

I noticed, I had to flip slower after software upgrade.

Sendt fra min HTC Desire HD med Tapatalk2

Thanks, MrMediaGuy! I was having the same problems as those described above but your method fixed it for me. That is, starting on the middle ATTI position and cycling six times only. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31