Phantom WON'T detect satellites, GPS issue.

Update to myself i dint know how to post on this site just yet. My problem with the gps was how close the lid is to the gps plugs into the board. Cut away some insilation but not enough room. Ug help anyonr

You shouldn't have to cut away any insulation. You just need to be patient and delicate when reinstalling the GPS cable and the top shell.

hi my friend took too long to respond I know thanks for your help and yes it was the GPS module but I fried a motherboard got another circuit board soon as I turn on the battery same little fire but this time it fried the circuit board I think my flight Rex wires got crossed when I took off the plug to go to the through leg. I have the same thing burn a little note next to the cam buss aux port. I think what happen my top was turned and I took it off to turn it back facing front i rerouted the fly tracks for wire if that shorted out and I did not know that which caused the GPS module to burn out I think. I ordered a new motherboard I'm waiting to do it all over again lol

Pics off mother board fire twice flytrex core wires got cross maybe.

Attachments

• 1452226650284.jpg
    1452226650284.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 1452226667608.jpg
    1452226667608.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 427
  • 1452226683380.jpg
    1452226683380.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 1452226704311.jpg
    1452226704311.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 446
hi my friend took too long to respond I know thanks for your help and yes it was the GPS module but I fried a motherboard got another circuit board soon as I turn on the battery same little fire but this time it fried the circuit board I think my flight Rex wires got crossed when I took off the plug to go to the through leg. I have the same thing burn a little note next to the cam buss aux port. I think what happen my top was turned and I took it off to turn it back facing front i rerouted the fly tracks for wire if that shorted out and I did not know that which caused the GPS module to burn out I think. I ordered a new motherboard I'm waiting to do it all over again lol

After looking at those photos you'll need a new main board and a GPS module which will run over $200. I assume that aluminum foil was wrapped around the GPS wires. Am i right?

the aluminum foil is for the flytrex it also had a layer of carbon fiber under it. The pic shows the order. I prefer a new board and gps. For now I need the arms to a inspire 1 remote and batt for a new build . Until then I just have to "bebop" around. Lol. Im waiting on a battery for my bebop and I got in patient and ran two words out of the phantom battery strapped it down to the bebop and it worked except for being to heavy in the back.

the aluminum foil is for the flytrex it also had a layer of carbon fiber under it. The pic shows the order. I prefer a new board and gps. For now I need the arms to a inspire 1 remote and batt for a new build . Until then I just have to "bebop" around. Lol. Im waiting on a battery for my bebop and I got in patient and ran two words out of the phantom battery strapped it down to the bebop and it worked except for being to heavy in the back.

Of course neither one was a good idea as both are conductive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj