Phantom will not even takeoff without sever wobble and immediate crash

Reaction score
Perfect flights yesterday . Tried to take off today and it immediately goes into an uncontrollable sever wobble and crashes. Have reset and updated everything possible in NAZAM Assistant 2.20. IMU recalibrated with everything within acceptable parameters. Tried to take off again and immediate uncontrollable wobble. Can't even get it into the air.

IMU "ADVANCED" after taking sure it was level?

Thanks for your reply...sadly i found out that through my own ignorance while going through advanced set up I accidentally switched my rotor type out of Quad Rotor X. This led to all the mayhem. Switching it back solved everything.

Hey Phantom Scott 2,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you sorted it out.

Did you happen to point a video camera at the bird while testing out your incorrect rotor type?
That would be a fun, short, but fun video to watch.
It would also be a great way to help out folks who may do the same thing.

Enjoy the show, it's a blast.

Hey Phantom Scott 2,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you sorted it out.

Did you happen to point a video camera at the bird while testing out your incorrect rotor type?
That would be a fun, short, but fun video to watch.
It would also be a great way to help out folks who may do the same thing.

Enjoy the show, it's a blast.

Bahahaha, I've been looking through the forum for a while and I just had to register and comment after I saw this. I've had my phantom a month, and this happened about a month ago.

Honestly, it's just really dumb there's prompt that pops up that says "are you sure you want to change these settings?". I literally did the same exact thing...I had accidentally changed it to a tri rotor setting, and then I changed it back to what I thought was correct, which was the quad rotor -x or whatever.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's the video. I'm sure this thread will help someone in the future, because it's really easy to accidentally change that option.

Reactions: IflyinWY
What awesome sound effects. I love the sound of a Phantom loosing it's mind.

That's an excellent first post Unicyclejunkie, welcome to the party.

You've won... my canned stuff that I offer all the new folks.
Here is something to help you find info within our forum. It's Google Custom Search.
Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Enjoy the show, and thanks for contributing. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.