Phantom Wifi keeps losing connection on Galaxy S3

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a Phantom Vision and took it out for its first flight tonight. LOVE IT! Except the Phantom wifi would connect and 30 seconds later some other wifi around would connect and I would lose my Phantom connection. How do I make the Galaxy S3 stay connected to the Vision? Please help!
Thanks!

Thanks!

I had researched that option online already and it still would not allow me to stay connected to the Phantom wifi. I am not sure what else it could be. But its annoying that after 30 sec it drops and 2 min later it reconnects and 30 seconds later it connects.

Any other assistance would be appreciated!

Assuming you haven't done it then another option is to "forget" all other wifi SSIDs it has stored so the Phantom SSID is the only thing it has to look for.

Beyond that it might be worth trying with another device if you can just to eliminate completely any problems at the range extender end . I run the android app but on a Nexus 4 and haven't had any connection issues at all - hopefully someone with an S3 will be along soon to give more insight.

It all does depend on what kind of software you have running on your S3 and which firmware version you have.

Is it Android 4.3? Official Samsung update for your carrier or some rooted software?

In any case you should check the following:
1) settings / wifi / menu button / advanced - and there:
- Network notification - off (just to avoid the search);
- Passpoint - off (as above);
- Keep WiFi on during sleep - Always (to avoid a disconnection);
- Scanning always available - off (to avoid position searches);
- Wi-Fi Timer - off

2) switch off all location settings - and I do mean all of them - that way you avoid the system trying to find a working wifi network to establish your position.

Try all this and see if it helps ;)

Cheers!

Or get a new phone, Galaxy 5 is almost here, though I am waiting for the new HTC One tbh ..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

asifm76 said:
Hey guys I just got a Phantom Vision and took it out for its first flight tonight. LOVE IT! Except the Phantom wifi would connect and 30 seconds later some other wifi around would connect and I would lose my Phantom connection. How do I make the Galaxy S3 stay connected to the Vision? Please help!
Thanks!

I had the exact issue on my HTC one after updating the software. It appears that there is a new "feature" that if the connection doesn't detect internet access after 30 seconds it blocks that connection. Mine dropped after 30 seconds and then tried to reconnect after I closed the connect and tried to reconnect. Go into settings after that connection drops and then click on the connection. It asked my if I wanted to unblock the blocked connection. After I said yes, it worked fine from then on.

I also use the S3 (Verizon version) and it works fine. I haven't had to do anything special to the settings to make it compatible with the P2V. It connects pretty fast and is reliable. I know this doesn't help you figure out the problem, but the S3 is a great phone to fly the P2V with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav