Phantom w/ NightVision FPV Camera?

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post here, but have used the site for a lot of info on optimizing my Phantom FC40. Great stuff! Gotten my SR10000 to extend my FC40 camera past the point that the drone itself loses connection to the receiver!

My question is, has anyone found a decently inexpensive night vision camera for the Phantom? I've looked around & found modified GoPro's with some levels of nightvision, but they're around $1,000+, more than double the cost of the drone itself. I really enjoy flying mine at night, but hate the fact that the stock camera is all but pointless at night. I'd LOVE it if there were a moderately priced nightvision camera that ran on 2.4Ghz.

Thanks all!

Is the low-light feature on the GoPro Hero 3+ going to be the best I'm going to get? And if so, anyone with one want to comment on how it performs in the dark/at night?

Can anyone please advise? I'd really appreciate any feedback out there on night camera options or if the best option I'm going to have is the Hero 3+ Black?

Thanks all!

Thanks Mike! Appreciate the response. I noticed the video description stated Hero 3+, but didn't say if it were the Hero 3+ Black or Silver. Is this video yours? I just want to confirm it's truly using the Black model & not the silver, as the Black model has a special "low-light" mode I guess. I really want to be sure I'm buying the best low light FPV camera I can here...

Thanks again!

Sorry about that. I looked at a bunch of videos and didn't notice that one didn't list which camera. I just assumed it was a black. Here is a link to a video I shot with a hero3 + black. I wish I had more to show you, but I haven't had the opportunity to shoot much night stuff yet. With a Phantom and the H3 gimbal, you don't have much choice but to use a GoPro.

I shot that in wide mode and the fisheye removal sucks. It adds almost as much distortion to the edges as it removes elsewhere. Iv'e since switched to shooting in medium or narrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav