Phantom Vusion Plus HDMI connection on camera!!!

Reaction score
Anybody else noticed the Phantom vision plus has a HDMI port on the camera??? Is it just for connecting to your tv or what I'm hoping for is FULL HD FPV???
Just took this screenshot from a youtube video.

Attachments

• PV+ HDMI.jpg
    PV+ HDMI.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 1,748
Could it just have been to connect to their Monitors at the NAB show for live feeds of what the camera sees?

Could it just have been to connect to their Monitors at the NAB show for live feeds of what the camera sees? Lightbridge maybe? Just realised its not part of the camera

there is not a signal mention about HDMI in the vision+ manual. It might have been a special add-on for NAB

Yeah its a lightbridge unit alright. Dont think its fully compatible with the vision plus but probably just used for video downlink for the show. I was getting a bit too excited there :)

The guy from UAS systems says it "transmits HD video at up to 700". The Roswell guy questions him and he still re-enforces that yes it WILL do HD streaming...seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about as dji make no mention of such a feature and you'd think they would

djayz said:
The guy from UAS systems says it "transmits HD video at up to 700". The Roswell guy questions him and he still re-enforces that yes it WILL do HD streaming...seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about as dji make no mention of such a feature and you'd think they would

I think he is using the term HD differently than we know it. When we think HD we think high def flat screen TVs playing the game on CBS-HD in 1080p. I think he is comparing it to that of an immersion or other FPV transmitter that the resolution is just ok. HD for him is good resolution. HD for us is AMAZING resolution. The image you get on your iPhone or whatever phone you are using it on is going to look better than a immersionrc tx connected to a black pearl monitor looking at the same image.

I believe this is what he means. I could be completely wrong but I think he is just using HD as a way to state the fpv image looks nice.

Ksc said:
djayz said:

I think he is using the term HD differently than we know it. When we think HD we think high def flat screen TVs playing the game on CBS-HD in 1080p. I think he is comparing it to that of an immersion or other FPV transmitter that the resolution is just ok. HD for him is good resolution. HD for us is AMAZING resolution. The image you get on your iPhone or whatever phone you are using it on is going to look better than a immersionrc tx connected to a black pearl monitor looking at the same image.

I believe this is what he means. I could be completely wrong but I think he is just using HD as a way to state the fpv image looks nice.

I assume he's just talking about 720p which is technically HD as well...but pretty much fits your description exactly. Better, but not what the average consumer is now conditioned to think of HD. Still will be a marked improvement over the current SD signals.

No matter what the resolution, can you really see a lot of definition when you are outside and the sun is shining? Unless I get a hood over the phone screen, even on my Galaxy S4 , the image is washed out by the sun.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Anybody else noticed the Phantom vision plus has a HDMI port on the camera??? Is it just for connecting to your tv or what I'm hoping for is FULL HD FPV???
Just took this screenshot from a youtube video.
please send me video url

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Could it just have been to connect to their Monitors at the NAB show for live feeds of what the camera sees? Lightbridge maybe? Just realised its not part of the camera

Let me tell you the whole story.

Vision+ only has an AV output for video and the wires are inside. But lightbridge can accept AV signal as its input. Later on, DJI will make a video teaching people how to do the diy in order to use lieghtbridge on Vision+.

brett2006 said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

Vision+ only has an AV output for video and the wires are inside. But lightbridge can accept AV signal as its input. Later on, DJI will make a video teaching people how to do the diy in order to use lieghtbridge on Vision+.

Is this true? Does that mean the AV output will output full 1080P for the Lightbridge to send full 1080P FPV? Where did you hear this information?

brett2006 said:

Are you sure you're not talking about the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ HD-Select" model that's due out in time for the holiday shopping season (suggested retail price: $1,599)? :lol:

You know that'll be what all the "cool kids" clamor over and want under their Christmas trees. At least until early April next year, when it will be old news and replaced by the Phantom 2 Vision+ HD-GS model which will come in black and white and include alarm clock capabilities. :D

There we go, I just outlined DJI's technology road map for the next year for all of you. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers