Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom Vusion Plus HDMI connection on camera!!!

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Mal_PV2_Ireland, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Anybody else noticed the Phantom vision plus has a HDMI port on the camera??? Is it just for connecting to your tv or what I'm hoping for is FULL HD FPV???
    Just took this screenshot from a youtube video.

Attached Files:

2. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Could it just have been to connect to their Monitors at the NAB show for live feeds of what the camera sees?

3. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Could it just have been to connect to their Monitors at the NAB show for live feeds of what the camera sees? Lightbridge maybe? Just realised its not part of the camera

4. RandomEvents

Sorry guy, it's the light bridge that's connected to the system in one way or another.

5. plainolmoo

6. mchrol

As I understood he meant that phantom will send video like phantom vision to your phone\tablet. No mentioned anything about transmitting to tv or other devices.

7. Ksc

Ksc

there is not a signal mention about HDMI in the vision+ manual. It might have been a special add-on for NAB

8. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Yeah its a lightbridge unit alright. Dont think its fully compatible with the vision plus but probably just used for video downlink for the show. I was getting a bit too excited there :)

9. djayz

The guy from UAS systems says it "transmits HD video at up to 700". The Roswell guy questions him and he still re-enforces that yes it WILL do HD streaming...seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about as dji make no mention of such a feature and you'd think they would

10. Ksc

Ksc

I think he is using the term HD differently than we know it. When we think HD we think high def flat screen TVs playing the game on CBS-HD in 1080p. I think he is comparing it to that of an immersion or other FPV transmitter that the resolution is just ok. HD for him is good resolution. HD for us is AMAZING resolution. The image you get on your iPhone or whatever phone you are using it on is going to look better than a immersionrc tx connected to a black pearl monitor looking at the same image.

I believe this is what he means. I could be completely wrong but I think he is just using HD as a way to state the fpv image looks nice.

11. OI Photography

I assume he's just talking about 720p which is technically HD as well...but pretty much fits your description exactly. Better, but not what the average consumer is now conditioned to think of HD. Still will be a marked improvement over the current SD signals.

12. Hovtech

No matter what the resolution, can you really see a lot of definition when you are outside and the sun is shining? Unless I get a hood over the phone screen, even on my Galaxy S4 , the image is washed out by the sun.

13. thecoolsaini

please send me video url

14. thedjiguy

15. brett2006

Let me tell you the whole story.

Vision+ only has an AV output for video and the wires are inside. But lightbridge can accept AV signal as its input. Later on, DJI will make a video teaching people how to do the diy in order to use lieghtbridge on Vision+.

16. Scottrod

Is this true? Does that mean the AV output will output full 1080P for the Lightbridge to send full 1080P FPV? Where did you hear this information?

17. CRankin

Are you sure you're not talking about the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ HD-Select" model that's due out in time for the holiday shopping season (suggested retail price: $1,599)? :lol:

You know that'll be what all the "cool kids" clamor over and want under their Christmas trees. At least until early April next year, when it will be old news and replaced by the Phantom 2 Vision+ HD-GS model which will come in black and white and include alarm clock capabilities. :D

There we go, I just outlined DJI's technology road map for the next year for all of you. :lol: