phantom vision +

Reaction score
Just last week i got the phantom vision +
out of 6 times flying it. Ive made 3 flights out at the lake parking lot no troubles there and at home the longest flight so far has been 200 feet away and 100feet up from me one time at 50 feet high above me.. im in the country somewhat here with at a min 5 acre lots but i still had 8 sats and the quad dropped to the ground on me.

week later went to the country. very few powerlines in the middle of no where. My sisters house is the smallest farm in the area with 200+ acres.
On start up turned it on the way i was shown and way youtube has it on there.... had all the lights green and on my monitor showing 8 sats. made sure every thing was clear and brought the quad up about 30-50 feet and 2 more sats jumped in and let it hover for a few mins (Also did the calibration to it just to make sure... all green that needed to be) here i got brave on the monitor was 200 feet awaymaybe 50 high (clear and could see the quad at all times) went out around the barns and even under the overhang on the back side of a metal building. no problem. Then back to me no problems. heres the bad one went 200 feet away in the oppisite direction. took pics opf the coral and even a video on the way to the coral ...all was great. forgot to turn the video back on. took the quad up to 100 ft then 200 ft and kept going in intervals till i got up to 800 feet let it hoover a and did a 360. next thing i see is the quad said signal failed...all fully charged batteriesthe next thing i see is the quad flopping from side to side on its way down faster than it got up there. crashed to the ground tore up the camera and dji said all is working right with it after i sent it back to them to repair....Any help on what to do next time :cry:
I also know even on my phone out here no outside intrenet signals for almost a mile even when i go to the top of the hills around

Dji says it's working fine, you say the camera was tore up.
It's working fine with a tore up camera?

Ok

Flopping from side to side while descending would suggest vortex ring state to me. Can you explain a bit more about it being torn up and yet dji said its fine?

the quad on the way down hit the ground needless to say hard enuff that it buckled one leg all the way back and busted the camera off the gimbel some of the problems that they said about the gimbel was updated already. they also ASKED me if i had done all of the updates but they are unwilling to help on repairs or anything from a 4 day old phantom

Yes the gimbal and camera are very fragile. There have been on average 2 posts a day from new users with horror stories I'm afraid. I'd be more interested as to why it fell. It sounds like your phantom entered vortex ring state or propwash as it is sometimes known. Wobbling from side to side as you descend straight down is a big tell tale sign. Its not a fault with the phantom but a phenomenon know to all rc multirotors and even full sized helicopters. Basically coming straight down or sometimes even by just hovering in the one spot you can basically wash away any good air below your craft which is keeping it aloft. Once the good air below you is displaced the phantom can no longer push itself up against the bad air and starts to drop with a wobble. Giving more throttle up can then add to the effect and speed up the rate of descent even though it seems the natural thing to do. The only way out of this is to quickly move forward, backward, left or right so your phantom gets out of the column of bad air below it and enter into an area where good air is below it so it can push up against it and keep it up in the air. Hope this helps. I am only diagnosing this on the side to side wobble you mentioned. Its hard to find out why a crash happens and this is just my educated guess and it may not be 100% accurate but it is a very common problem

prop guards are on the way and even after it hit the ground the props are still fine .none broke... and as far as the bad air part i was aware of that because of helping sometime with lifeflight her in nashville @ vanderbuilt hspital. no way to try to control on my monitor had signal broke before it started down own its own never trying to come home. even triued to go mannual and fly over to the trees for a softer landing BAM still straight to the ground now. I have some better ideas what to tell dji monday morning after reading about the vortex ring i looked on youtube and saw 4 or 5 do the sametithing ..after i got the quad i waited and did upgrade the program from dji . vision plus has several updates and they are trying to say the camera was messed up.( issues covered by their updates)

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Yes the gimbal and camera are very fragile. There have been on average 2 posts a day from new users with horror stories I'm afraid. I'd be more interested as to why it fell. It sounds like your phantom entered vortex ring state or propwash as it is sometimes known. Wobbling from side to side as you descend straight down is a big tell tale sign. Its not a fault with the phantom but a phenomenon know to all rc multirotors and even full sized helicopters. Basically coming straight down or sometimes even by just hovering in the one spot you can basically wash away any good air below your craft which is keeping it aloft. Once the good air below you is displaced the phantom can no longer push itself up against the bad air and starts to drop with a wobble. Giving more throttle up can then add to the effect and speed up the rate of descent even though it seems the natural thing to do. The only way out of this is to quickly move forward, backward, left or right so your phantom gets out of the column of bad air below it and enter into an area where good air is below it so it can push up against it and keep it up in the air. Hope this helps. I am only diagnosing this on the side to side wobble you mentioned. Its hard to find out why a crash happens and this is just my educated guess and it may not be 100% accurate but it is a very common problem
Id like to know the problem myself... i know crashes might and will happen I did all the updates and even when i bought this . they allowed me to fly one and showed me how to set it up fpr flights...Thanks for your help

Michigan_PI said:
Do you happen to have the prop guards on it?
props never broke and only one after impact had a ruff side to it. but si i dont take a chance on any damage they were of the quad and in the bag marked trash for dji to see.. the pro guards were ordered and got here a day after the crash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers