phantom vision wifi network not showing

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I got the phantom vision earlier this month from B&H, but only just have had an opportunity to test it- followed the instructions as per the dji videos- when I first got the vision- I just tested with the wifi extender as it came out the box.. yet I couldn't see the phantom vision's network on my android phone nor my ipod touch's wifi networks in range..- the wifi network showed temporarily but then disappeared permanently..I thought it was because the wifi extender needed charging fully- but after hours of charging via USB I tried again with the wifi extender fully charged but still not seeing the wifi network now..I tried upgrading the vision to firmware to version 1.08 as well but still no joy- this is frustrating if I'm going to have to return such an expensive item already, not working out the box :x - is there anything I can do to resolve this without having to return anything (I live in CA and B&H is on the east coast so could be a long turn around period)? Could a replacement wifi extender only be sent or is it a problem with the phantom vision itself or anything else?

Is the phantom vision's wifi network coming from the phantom vision itself or from the wifi extender? Is there a way to upgrade the firmware on the wifi extender? What is the maximum charge rate we can charge the wifi extender at as it took forever to charge via my USB 2.0 port (which I think is only 0.5A)- can I charge with my cell phone charger faster at 2 Amps safely?

I've yet to call B&H about this..why is there no direct telephone support with DJI themselves..?

Thanks for anyone's input in advance!

Best,

Justin

I had this exact problem when I first got my Vision. I discovered that I could not connect or hold a connection to the wifi if my sim card was not in the camera. I don't know why, but to this day it still happens so I never fly without a sim card. Also, is your camera wifi button all the way to the right?

Are you aware that the P2V WiFi is generated within the camera? You must have the camera switch turned to the WIFI ON position to have any P2V WiFi.

It is VERY important to read the Owners manual if you are not familiar with the P2V!

ChesterT

thanks guys- feel rather embarrassed :oops: - just figured out for myself that the wifi switch on the vision's camera wasn't in the 'on' position (though in my defense that step wasn't included in the getting started DJI video I was following)- now my problem is that on my android device the wifi connection is very unstable- loses the connection- in and and out at less than 1 foot away- whereas on my ipod touch it seems much more stable and remains a solid connection..

theSelf said:
thanks guys- feel rather embarrassed :oops: - just figured out for myself that the wifi switch on the vision's camera wasn't in the 'on' position (though in my defense that step wasn't included in the getting started DJI video I was following)- now my problem is that on my android device the wifi connection is very unstable- loses the connection- in and and out at less than 1 foot away- whereas on my ipod touch it seems much more stable and remains a solid connection..

:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't be embarrassed. I'M embarrassed for not even thinking of that... (There's a setting for the android that stops it from trying to automatically connect to the strongest signal... Use "Search" on this forum and you'll find it fairly quickly...)

-slinger

gunslinger said:
theSelf said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't be embarrassed. I'M embarrassed for not even thinking of that... (There's a setting for the android that stops it from trying to automatically connect to the strongest signal... Use "Search" on this forum and you'll find it fairly quickly...)

-slinger
thanks slinger- that android mod sounds useful for other wifi applications too- will search for it- cheers!

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Android 4.2.2 device apparently does not have this
"strongest WiFi" setting.

Hi, all, today I had a problem with WIFI, after 60 sec the wifi of phantom show bad signal in app (Android) no connect, the left light intermitent (RExtender) , 3 minutes nothing, 3 off-on and after 2 min go ok, Battery full but is the first time that happeng, any sugestions?

First, use the android free WiFi Analyzer app to look at the other WiFi signals in the area.
What channel is the WiFi link from the P2V to RExtender using?

Try the system, not actually flying, in a low-activity area. Does it work well?
Then, take the P2V further away.

Could be a flaky wire connection somewhere in the system.

Get help from your dealer?

theSelf said:

I just got my PV2 yesterday and spent several hours charging batteries and updating software. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy III. I also have WiFi in my house and I experienced the same problem.

Every time my phone would connect it would immediately disconnect with a message about not being able to connect to the internet and then revert back to my home WiFi. I would "forget" the network and add it again several times but it was always the same thing so I'm assuming this is happening because home WiFi is stronger and possibly since it has an internet connection.

The only way I could get it to connect for a minute or so was when I would add it I would select the static IP address and not use DHCP but even then I could not stay connected for more than a minute. One "strange" issue about using the static IP address is the Galaxy would not let me save it by default even though it had an IP of 192.168.1.128. So I would have to erase the 8 from 128 and put it back and then save. It also used a different gateway than my home WiFi but used the same DNS as my home WiFi.

While I had the repeater fired up I tried to see if it had a thin client installed but could not connect to it but I was able to telnet to it. It will prompt you for the user name which I have no idea what that or the password would be so I stopped. I was hoping I might be able to see some of the settings.

Anyway it was late so I'll try it outside today once it gets a bit warmer and sun comes up but I'm really thinking it is just how the Galaxy works with the other WiFi networks so once I move it away from that let's hope everything will be ok. Also I did get it connected to my iPad so that is why I think it's the Galaxy. One user mentioned something about connecting to the weakest signal and I have not seen that option on my phone.

David

Fellas, if you're having issues with android holding on to the visions wifi, Slingers point addresses the issue. The setting he mentioned is under advanced settings within the connections menu.

On galaxy s4 heres how to get there, perhaps it's similar on yours;
Settings
Wifi
To get to advanced, it's the menus touch button at bottom left of phone
Then uncheck the box that says search for Internet connection.
That should stop your wifi from constantly jumping around and looking for other connections.

Hope that helps,

Rich

Richhealth said:
Fellas, if you're having issues with android holding on to the visions wifi, Slingers point addresses the issue. The setting he mentioned is under advanced settings within the connections menu.

On galaxy s4 heres how to get there, perhaps it's similar on yours;
Settings
Wifi
To get to advanced, it's the menus touch button at bottom left of phone
Then uncheck the box that says search for Internet connection.
That should stop your wifi from constantly jumping around and looking for other connections.

Hope that helps,

Rich

Thanks, Rich...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik