Phantom Vision Wi-Fi issues

Reaction score
Anyone having WiFi issues with their Vision? Mine won't connect. It shows as "not in range". Any suggestions?

it would be a little more helpful if you could put some more detail in your post. What software version are you running? What actions are you performing before the error makes itself known. Is the error message showing in the app? what app version are you running?

Hopefully, this will allow for a greater amount of feedback.

hope this helps

Bmews

Lets see....I have updated all software on both RC and Phantom Vision. Made sure all batteries etc are fully charged. I have also updated my android app. My procedure has always been:

1. Turn on RC and transmitter
2. Turn on PV and allow it to prepare itself for flight.
3. Launch my app on my phone and navigate to the Phantom Vision Wi Fi and connect

Until 2 weeks ago everything has worked without a hitch. However now the Phantom Wi Fi will not allow me to connect. It just says its "Out of range". My Phone is a foot away.

I will say I just got back from NAB in Vegas where they had an enormous booth and at least 25 representatives. I explained my issue with one of them and they told me to turn on AIRPLANE mode on my phone. This happened to one of their personal PVs and this is what they did to resolve the issue. However, when I tried it, it didn't work. Still can't connect to PV Wi Fi.

I can fly it successfully. But it won't connect to WiFi. wierd. Any Ideas?

Have you done any Mods, or is it all stock?

Before you launch the Dji app on your phone go to your wifi settings on your phone and see if it's finding the phantoms wifi 1st, I am going to guess it's not ,
Is your wifi transmitter flashing green on the left hand light ?
If that's flashing then the wifi transmitter is probably ok, then it could either be the phantom or your android.

You need to check this then report back.

Yes...everything seems to be blinking the way its supposed to. I also have tried to go to settings first before launching the app. However, its not even recognizing the PV Wi Fi. That makes me think its not the app but something else. To further rule that out, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. No difference. Still no Wi Fi.

Grrrrrr.

R

Tell your phone to 'forget' the phantom connection, then let it search for wifi connections with your range extender flashing green on the left led. If your phone 'see's' the extender and still won't connect then you have lost the binding between the extender and the camera..... unless of course you forgot to switch the camera to Wi-Fi after flying without it. I did that once, finally realized the camera wifi was off :oops: in which case the extender won't connect because it can't see the camera.

I have tried the suggested fix above, telling my phone to "FORGET" the Wi Fi connection. Now, when I scan, it can't find the Vision Wi Fi at all. Like you have suggested, It has lost the BINDING. I'm not sure how to re connect.

The camera Wi Fi switch is also in the correct setting. That was one of the first things I checked. Good suggestion tho.

Guess I'll call Dronefly and see what suggestions they have to offer. If anyone has anymore suggestions please feel free to leave them.

Thanks.

R

You haven't mentioned if you can see and connect to other wifi, but I will assume you can. This has nothing to do with the app IMO. Your phone has to see wifi and connect to it first for it to show up in the app second. When you are connected to other wifi and start the app, it should show up in the app, but will be blue instead of green. This way you will know its not your phone or the app that are failing.

If you see this, then you can be pretty sure it is the extender and/or the camera. I am not sure if you need the path from the extender to the camera active to then see it on your phone. Can you see the left light on the extender blinking? I think it blinks constantly when it has made connection to the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers