Phantom Vision VS Inspire Video from Same locations.

Reaction score
I have been up in the Big Horn Mountains here in Wyoming testing out my new DJI Inspire 1 helicopter. Below is a video on YouTube where I compare footage between the Inspire 1 and my old helicopter, the Phantom 2 Vision.

Below is 1080 Video, can be viewed on a standard HD monitor
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m8vZCnZlOc[/youtube]

Below is 4K UHD footage, good if you have a higher than 1080 monitor (Apple Retina, 4K set, Samsung Galaxy S), you will also need fast internet, and a device that can process graphics quickly to view this
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzItbASZN3g[/youtube]

Beautiful scenery.

I don't get the jerkiness on the video you had with the phantom on mine.

robinb said:
Beautiful scenery.

+1
Was it that windy to cause the jerkiness? Altitude?
My Vision Plus Camera never shook like that. It would perform just as good as the inspire's footage (just no 4K).

Beautiful mountain scenery there in Wyoming. Thanks for sharing the comparison between the two. Yea, you may want to try balancing the props on your Vision, I wasn't sure if your Phantom was a Vision, or P2V+.
The Vision camera doesn't quite produce the same picture quality as the Plus not having a multiple axis gimbal among other things as you're probably aware, but may explain some of the vibration seen in the video. I believe balancing the props would only help in either case. Good luck with your new Inspire, the picture quality is sweet, for sure!

Mako79 said:
robinb said:
Beautiful scenery.

+1
My Vision Plus Camera never shook like that. It would perform just as good as the inspire's footage (just no 4K).

I have a Phantom Vision +, but the these videos were shot with an older Phantom Vision (no plus).

Chuggie said:
Mako79 said:
robinb said:
Beautiful scenery.

+1

I have a Phantom Vision +, but the these videos were shot with an older Phantom Vision (no plus).

Oh sorry.. I missed that. I assumed it was a plus because it was in the plus forum section. I have to admit that pilot is an ace. He did well for a vision.

Beautiful, thank you.

I think the footage for a P2V was pretty good. Mine sucked. Jello, roll, etc. Plus is much better.

The P2V+ produces much different quality video from the P2V. From what I see here, I'm pretty sure you couldn't tell the difference between the Inspire and Plus on youtube.

Yet... I still covet your Inspire! LOL
Paul

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl