Phantom Vision Versions or "revision"

Reaction score
Today I was looking on the sticker below the PV and I noticed that it has on the serial number V 1.4 , does anyone knows what are the differences since v 1.0 ? I know for example that the battery contact pins are different since V 1.0 , but what else has changed?

Hello
Sorry can't help on changes but mine was purchased on 05/12/13 and has version 1.4 also !!
Cheers Glen

noreason4 said:
Interesting! How do you know that 1.4 has different (non failing?) battery contacts?
The pins on the newer versions are like a "crown style" instead of the rounded pins of the first version ,the new form of the pins in theory will not give the battery error

Sounds good! Do you have any pictures of those contacts pre 1.4? I have 1.4 but don't get what you mean by crown-style

Mine is a 1.4 .
It has a crown style. The tips are bumpy kind of like teeth.
Earlier ones look different?

IMG_2408.jpg

Pull_Up said:
Mine was from the first batch, delivered 1/11/13 - it too says 1.4 on the outside!

I have the original battery data pins, though - they are domed at the end, not crown-like or jagged.

Well if this correction is better, get that soldering iron now Pull_Up.
Replacing that assembly is an easy fix.

I might do if I ever get an invalid battery error in flight, but I never have done. I clean power and data contacts on the battery and the aircraft with a contact cleaner at the end of every flying day and so far, so good. If I ever see it listed as a spare part I can buy anywhere I might get one in "just in case" anyway... then learn how to solder. ;)

Pull....If I may call you that. Underscore makes me hit too many keys at once.
If you get a chance can you post a macro picture of your tips. That is with a P. ;)

Mine was pre-ordered from B&H Photo, first batch shipped, version 1.4 and has domed pogo pins for battery telemetry.

Bought mine directly from Amazon around Dec 22 I believe. Got it before Christmas too. I would imagine that Amazon has a very fast moving stock on just about everything they carry.

Nvr2fst said:
Pull....If I may call you that. Underscore makes me hit too many keys at once.
If you get a chance can you post a macro picture of your tips. That is with a P. ;)

and note the S on the end... :shock:

I got mine the first week of January , so I'm guessing we all got the same version(1.4) but with different pin Versions, I think DJI started to change the Pins when the battery problem appeared within the same version and they didn't update it

It appears to be a good plan without redesigning the batteries and all.
If you were to magnify the round end as it was contacted, you may be shocked how little of a contact there is.
Adding multiple points of contact seems a good idea.
If the round tips are solid through, maybe a little detailed fine filing and super fine sanding may be an option. Unless there is real gold on them thar tips. Just a thought.

Someone somewhere had the idea of using little sleeves over the ends of the pins. That would both increase the surface contact area and increase the pin length, improving the spring compression and preventing some of the skidding about the dome tips can do. I've seen macros of the battery contact pads and you can see the little track marks the pins make, some of which actually wandered off the gold surface on one photo...

I guess I'm lucky and have good compression. I know some people measured theirs and some had less than 0.5mm of travel.

Pull_Up said:
Someone somewhere had the idea of using little sleeves over the ends of the pins. That would both increase the surface contact area and increase the pin length, improving the spring compression and preventing some of the skidding about the dome tips can do. I've seen macros of the battery contact pads and you can see the little track marks the pins make, some of which actually wandered off the gold surface on one photo...

I guess I'm lucky and have good compression. I know some people measured theirs and some had less than 0.5mm of travel.

It's more of a "waffle" profile rather than rounded pin tip. Improves contact resistance and offers greater mating surface area.
Adding any form of sleeve would introduce the risk of bad electrical joints. Maybe a jeweller could add a waffle style head to the existing pins. Gold melts at just over 1000C and it's a precision modification.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl